[Cars] Buying used car [Scam?]

Celchu

Veteran X
So I'm browsing for a used car, and I come across this (Ah-see dollars):

http://search.carsguide.news.com.au...ode=&radius=10&stockNumber=&clearCompare=true

It's at least half the price of other cars like it, has virtually no miles and is apparently near mint condition.

So I email the seller:

Celchu said:
Hi there. Could you please confirm that the price is $7000, and provide the reason for selling? Thanks.

And get back:

Seller said:
Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and being interested in my car because i really need to sell it ASAP !

First of all i would like to let you know why i am selling my car so cheap: one mounth ago i moved in Spain because of my job and now i live here with all my familly. The car has the steering wheel on the right side and nobody wants to buy it in Spain because all the cars has the steering wheel on left side here, so i need to sell it to Australia because the car is still registered in Australia and it's very easy to transfer the registration onto your name, without pay any import taxes or other taxes. Also i need money to buy another car certified in Spain with the steering wheel on left side so i can drive it here, really is not so easy to drive a car with the steering wheel on right side here.

Some words about the car:

My MX5 is immaculate. This is a perfect vehicle for a fastidious new car buyer.
Soft top in perfect non fade condition as vehicle is always kept under cover and rarely used.
Genuine MX5 car mats, brand new battery with a pristine interior like a new car.

The price is AU $7,000.00 including all the shipping taxes and inssurance to Australia, the car will be shipped by AIR and will arrive within 7 days after the downpayment has been made.

Now if you understood me and you are really interested to buy my car, i am waiting your e-mail with your decision and i will provide you with the informations about shipping/payment method.

Best Regards !

So what do you think TW? Scam or not?

overseas crap always = scam.

But hey get the car in sight get the keys get the pink slip etc. etc. get everything covered. then maybe go for it. but ya scam

i saw a firehawk on cars.com and strangely the same thing happened to the seller of that too...

This is a perfect vehicle for a fastidious new car buyer.
Soft top in perfect non fade condition as vehicle is always kept under cover and rarely used.
Genuine MX5 car mats

genuine floor mats? shit, go for it!

edit: lol, he just copy and pasted the comments section from the website

i saw a firehawk on cars.com and strangely the same thing happened to the seller of that too...

I'm a bit curious as to how somebody could be stupid enough to take a car into another country without first checking if the steering wheel is on the proper side... So sending this thing by air freight would probably cost $2k, so she's essentially selling it for $5k.

I'm concerned about what my options are if a) the car doesn't show up or b) the car isn't in the condition advertised.

Back