[Bug?] Freezing

dementia

Veteran X
Tonight my computer completely froze 6 times while on T:V beta.

My specs are: fx5200 256mb
P4 1.6ghz
512mb Samsung DDR pc2100 ram (I know, crappy specs)

I was running the game with everything on low and it seemed to be running fine.
It happened on all of the maps but only when I tried to use an inventory, also happened on multiple servers.

I'm not sure if this is a bug.. but it's certainly very frustrating.

mine froze 3

im updating to service pack 2. and my video drivers. if it doesnt help im going to make a thread like this aswell.

geforce 4 ti 4200
128ram
2ghz cpu

and i didnt have 2 go 2 an inv for it 2 freeze

Ya, weird, never happened to me on 03 or 04, but I just froze. Only been playing OB for about 10 min. :(

Was on an Inv on Emerald. On a server with 1 other person.

Pressed SHIFT to get a quickloadout, then though, nah, I'll go into the Inv gui to make a new loadout, pressed USE key and BAM. Slowly the background went Black, minus the radar and HUD elements.

Had to reset.

:(

THREE players from TF experienced this problem tonight. One said it has something to do with pressing more than 1 key at a time while at the full inven screen.

TF_Baxter said:
THREE players from TF experienced this problem tonight. One said it has something to do with pressing more than 1 key at a time while at the full inven screen.

I was thinking the same thing.

At least I know it's not just me though, I guess?

Been trying to reproduce.

It may have something to do with pressing your QUICK key or moving around while pressing the USE key. Perhaps out of the grab of the INV.

Not sure if it's coincidense or not, but everytime has been on Emerald.

:(

steppin into inventory 2 times froze ....black screen and couldn't escape out.
had to reset

Last edited:
I've been getting this exact same problem, but have been unable to reproduce it on a private server. I think it may have something to do with the amount of action on screen or on the server at that moment.

AMD Athlon XP 2400
512mb Kingston DDR RAM
GeForce4 Ti440 64mb

Froze twice...had to completely reset. (cycle power) In previous releases it was almost definately my vid card overheating (fixed that problem by opening side of case until I can go get a special cooling fan for my 9800pro per TW suggestion).

But these times are different it seems.

Can't reproduce.

Intel 2.8
1 gig ram
ATI 9800 pro 256mb ram
Asus P4S8X

WinXP-Pro
sp1

Fugitive said:
I've been getting this exact same problem, but have been unable to reproduce it on a private server. I think it may have something to do with the amount of action on screen or on the server at that moment.

AMD Athlon XP 2400
512mb Kingston DDR RAM
GeForce4 Ti440 64mb

Nah, I've froze on an empty server.

Has something to do with multiple keys, or inv/chat, or inv/chat equip sphere.

the stuck in ground thing, far as I can tell, is trying to move before the game gives you back control of your player. It also happens when you bring up the F1 or F2 menus.

Flashing (double tap F1 or F2) those same menus seems to fix the problem quick enough for it not to be a problem.

KillerONE said:
Nah, I've froze on an empty server.

Has something to do with multiple keys, or inv/chat, or inv/chat equip sphere.

Can you reproduce it consistently? I've tried for 45 minutes to reproduce it under various conditions and maps, but so far I've had no luck.

It's definately an overload of some sort, trying to access the quick menu and the inventory screen at once.

damn that one snuck in :( it only happens if you stand partially on the inv station platform near a deployable spawn and hit use. if you use the quick loadouts or are smack bang on the platform it doesnt happen.

Back