[BUG] eff my ass this is driving me crazy, "REJECTED BY SERVER"

T-Refried-455

Veteran XX
okay, so ever since installing the "open beta" (after getting my TW-E email), i now constantly get 'CONNECTION REJECTED BY SERVER' errors on virtually every server i try to join. i uninstalled 04 to install what i just downloaded from the TW FTP, and i don't remember it ever asking me for my cd key.

help?

Fatman said:
i am also getting this but this was my first install of T:V

First install too and I keep getting it. I was playing fine 15 mins ago, but when I went back on right now, I can't get into any of the servers.

I am also getting the consistent "rejected by server" issue. I have also had 3 lockups that required re-booting in the 45 minutes i have been on. Just want to make sure there arent known things that cause that so I can avoid them...

I was getting this alot last night. I just played for about 4 hours straight without getting that message. All I did was add the executable to the exception list in windows firewall (running XP sp2, duh).

Yeah, as far as I can tell, this is caused when you try to join an almost full server, say 19/20. You hit connect, it starts loading, at the same time, 2-3 OTHER ppl also hit connect. Unlike T1/T2 it seems to allow all 4 of you to connect, but whoever actually finshes loading/connecting first "wins", the rest get "rejected by server".
This is just a guess based on how it was happeneing to alot of ppl last night. Impulse East was full about 2 minutes after it was brought up. Throughout the night Eq(owns impulse) said that the server info was listing 23-25 players connected, when the player limit is 20.

From all that, thats my best guess. Also, some ppl got this error when changing maps, apparently when it changes maps, the server appears to be empty, then a bunch of ppl try to connect, beating out someone who was already in the server :(

This is NOT what happens when you try to join a nearly full server. I've been in maps for 10+ minutes, then POOF, Rejected by Server. I can go back into the server no-problem, they're usually under cap anyway.

Start > Run > Regedit > HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > Software > *delete folder* VUGames

Next time you install T:V you will be prompted for cd key. This will not cause any harm to your future installation or to your computer. It is simply a registry entry that does not go away whether you uninstall tribes vengeance or not, and holds info of the cd-key you first entered.

EDIT* if you have other VUGames installed on your computer, it would be wise to not delete that entire directory, but only the t:v beta cd key info.

Irrational has taken preemptive efforts and just banned you and your whole team in the beta code.

Back