[BUG] Crash in spawn screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare-

Veteran X
I searched for this bug and couldn't find it reported already.

I've been playing T:V now for 2 weeks and I've crashed 5 times. All 5 times it was when I was closing the spawn menu by hitting esc. (Another related bug is that it says "hit 'n' to cancel", but pressing 'n' does nothing...n is my spawn menu key). By spawn menu I mean the one you have to press a key to open up, not the one you get every time you die. If I use the spawn screen to actually choose a new spawn spot, it never crashes. It only crashes when I hit esc to close the screen, but not every time.

It's not specific to any map and every time it happens the computer totally freezes, and I have to hit reset to get out of it. Most of the time when it happens the sound that was playing right when it crashes keeps looping and the picture stays still.

System:
2.4 GHz Pentium 4
MSI Motherboard
512 MB RAM
Windows XP Pro SP 1
Geforce 4 4600
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live

Last edited:
Have you bound the "Ctrl" button to anything? My game crashed all the time too when I had one of my mousebuttons set as Ctrl, and had that bound to Zoom. Apparently Ctrl+leftmousebutton starts some "GUI editor" or what have ya, witch crashed the game for me...

I don't have ctrl bound to anything, but if you reread the post (I edited it), I've noticed it only happens if I press esc to close the screen.
Pressing my spawn menu key again does nothing (although it says to press it to cancel). Is it like this for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back