[BUG] Cannot join most servers.

snow

Veteran X
[connect Problem] Cannot join most servers.

Currently i can't join most of the servers i want to play on, they are always the same servers, and it doesnt matter what time of day i try and join, it sits at the
screen till i eventually hit escape and it then says "connection failed".

its not all servers, just some which kind of makes me think it could be individual servers, but then i have never had this problem in any other game, so that makes me think it could T:V.

when i refresh them in the server browser it does show correctly whether they have a password or not, whether i enter the right password or not doesnt seem to affect what happens, no incorrect password or anything, just sits at the same screen.

Is there a console command i can use to try and get more information, rather than the single line to enter text?

specs:
2000xp
128 meg radeon 8500
768 DDR 333
winXP pro SP1
soundblaster live PCI soundcard

edit: changed title as its not really a game bug i dont think

Last edited:
well i have been putting up with it, just finding another server to pub on, but tonight was the first scrim, and it sucks that i couldnt play, and so im trying to find out why

I think these are all non dedicated servers opened by some people on their home machines. They probably are behind a router/firewall and the T:V ports aren't forwarded or are blocked.

these are dedicated servers. not ones hosted on people's own pc's.
i check with the network admin this morning and all the ports that should be open were already so its not that, does anyone have any other ideas what the problem could be?

nope ive found the problem, i am connecting through a uni which wont let me connect to port 7777.

so i guess i just cant play on those servers.

Back