[BUG] Binding side mouse button to grenade makes nade throw distance hud not show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare-

Veteran X
I searched and couldn't find any posts about this.

I think this is actually two bugs...
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical with 5 buttons and a wheel. I wanted to bind the left side button on the mouse to grenade. So in game after I bind it, it says grenade is bound to left arrow key. That's the first bug. In my mouse settings in Control Panel, the mouse side buttons are bound to their default actions, not left and right arrow keys. When I'm playing I can use the mouse side button or the left arrow key to toss grenades.
The other bug is that if I do use the side mouse button to toss a grenade, the grenade throw distance hud never shows up. If I use the left arrow key it does.

I'm using Windows XP Professional.

I have my left side mouse button bound to nades as well but w/ no problems. Then again of got a Logictech elite wireless mouse.

Do you have some mouse software that is capturing the mouse 5 button and translating it as Left Arrow? What happens if you use mouse 5 in, say, a word processor?

Microsoft's default for the intelimouse is "back one page", or "Ctrl+Left Arrow". That's where your left arrow is coming in, and why you're getting no throw meter.

Yes, it is really just doing ctrl+left arrow, so that's ok, but why does the throw meter not show up when I use the side mouse button, but it does when I use the left arrow?

I'm guessing the problem is happening because there is no way to bind ctrl+left arrow in T:V, just left arrow, so when I do use the mouse side button it's pressing ctrl+left arrow, and for some reason ctrl+left arrow doesn't show the throw meter...but why?

A simple fix seems to be to allow binds with shift keys (alt, ctrl, shift). Then grenade would really be bound to ctrl+left arrow. I really wouldn't want to have to change what my mouse buttons do outside of the game to get it to work.

EDIT: I was just experimenting, and I'm pretty sure the side button is actually bound to alt+left arrow, not ctrl+left arrow, because ctrl+left arrow does nothing in my browser, but alt+left arrow does go back. I'm not sure this matters much though...

microsoft's drivers allow you to make program-specific binds for your buttons. I use that a lot and I love it

mouse.gif

Yes, I know about that, forgot about it though...thanks, I'll try it soon.

The only problem with program specific binds is I noticed that for some games (it happened to me in T2) if you go to windowed mode, the binds stop working...have you tried windowed mode with the program specific binds in T:V yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back