[Boulder, CO]In town on business for a week...

TooSmoothe

Veteran XX
What is there to do?

Staying at the Millennium Harvest House from March 9th to the 15th.
Boulder Hotel | Official Site of Millennium Harvest House Boulder

Should be free every day after 5pm and wondering what there is to do in this city. I have a week long training course with GE and have been informed they try to set up stuff for us to do every evening, but want to make sure I have options.

I wanted to arrive early, or late and snowboard for a day. Have found some prices but was looking for any extra advice from local folk. Any tips or suggestions?

They just opened an all nude strip club on the Pearl St mall.

Did this really happen?

There is a badass sushi place on Pearl St, however. It's all you can eat on Tuesday nights, but it's not a cheap place buffet type place. Something like 30$/person, iirc. I've never been there on any day but Tuesday, so I suggest that, obviously.

Link:

Best Sushi in Denver, Boulder, Catering - Restaurant Japon, Japango, Japon2Go
Near the intersection of Pearl and Broadway.

Went there with my brother when he got back from Iraq, and everything was seriously amazing. Good sake, too.

Should also consider checking out a brewery or two. Boulder Beer, for example, maybe the Coors Brewery in Golden. It's a pretty impressive/informative tour, plus free tastings ;D.

Besides those suggestions, you should definitely try to hike, ski, or maybe do some horseback riding somewhere. Oh, and bring a camera, the mountains should look really nice right around this time.

isn't marijuana decriminalized there

In Denver for sure. But the city recently had to form a police watch board, to make sure the police are following the law. Problem is, the police don't like the changes in the law. It removes alot of their police state powers, and many of them now worry about losing their jobs. God forbid they have to go out and get real jobs, or switch policing to fighting crime.

Thanks Spexx I will definitely give that place a looking into, I may try and bring some snowshoes but I'm not too sure what the hotels shuttle service is like or if their is one available to me at all.

Oh and where do the highschool girls hangout

Probably at Crossroads Mall, but there's plenty of college chicks on The Hill, just watch out for the hippies. Anywhere near the campus should be good. I haven't lived in Boulder for years, so there's probably a lot more to learn from someone who currently lives there.

crossroads is dead

it is now called 29th street

and the highschool girls hang out on shitty pearl and 29th street

college girls hang out on pearl and the hill with the hill being dominated by freshmen

I'd go drinking with you, but I have no idea who you are. And you have no idea so I am... so it just isn't going to work out.

But we can still be friends.

Some of the best beer I have ever had was on Pearl St., I think.

It was called Sunset something. Sunset Village? Maybe Sunrise something.

Some of the best beer I have ever had was on Pearl St., I think.

It was called Sunset something. Sunset Village? Maybe Sunrise something.
Sundown Saloon aka the sundowner aka the scumdowner

Pitchers of PBR, fuck yeah.

That or you're thinking of Mountain Sun.

They have antibiotic strains of hippy there - I would recommend just going back to your hotel room each day.

Who the hell wants to hike anyways - we invented cars for a damned reason.

Try the Alfred Packard Restaurant. Great damn service. Lots of college chicks hang out there.

Try the Alfred Packard Restaurant. Great damn service. Lots of college chicks hang out there.

you mean the Alfred Packer grill in the UMC on campus? Decent food, but not what i'd call worth it to make the trip there from any other part of town.

Back