bought my tent

Nice tent. I dig SD's stuff. I have a SD sleeping bag that has tolerated my stinky ass for years and still feels great.

I have a Mtn Hardware tent that's awesome. It's kind of heavy for packing unless you can split it between two people.

I can't wait for spring/summer to arrive. You guys may bitch about Utah but I'm 1/2 a day's drive from every kind of terrain you could imagine! From desert slot canyons to high alpine lakes...and no mormons for miles!

Can anyone suggest a 1-man tent (not a bivy)? I'm thinking MH Meridian 1 or Sprite 1? I've also got a 20% off REI coupon to use *today*, thinking of a -15F synthetic bag too.

I was going to use my 20% on a new GPS, but it was backordered, and they excluded GPS's

REI pissed me off, first time ever though.

you're friend probably would have been better off with just buying iodine tablets. That water thing could break, more expensive, harder to get a quick drink.

when I went portaging in Algonquin for a week, I brought a small water container filled up with lake water, dropped in a tablet and some strawberry powder to take the bad taste away. worked great.

good tent decision. sierra designs makes great tents... my buddy just got the hyperlight 3 for like 90 bucks on clearance. i was quite jealous. i still haven't decided what tent i'm gonna grab, but i think i'm leaning towards another eureka.

I can't remember exactly what make/modle of tent I got last year but it looks really similar to this.
ELITE%20MAIN.jpg

I don't backpack at all so I don't mind that it's something like 10 lbs

Back