[bored] thread

11-Dancing+monkey.jpg

find a 2nd job
build a crib
find a used box spring and frame so your bed isn't on the floor in ur 1 bdrm apt
maybe they have matching night stands

I built a bed, it is pretty kick ass but due to my stupid condo we couldn't make the turn from the door to the stairs so now it is sitting in my garage until we buy our next house

I hate my condo.

find a 2nd job
build a crib
find a used box spring and frame so your bed isn't on the floor in ur 1 bdrm apt
maybe they have matching night stands

ur a little late. then again ur not up to date. i've already taken care of those things. and instead of night stands we got our own tables for each side of our bed. kinda works out tho cause shes a left and im right handed. mine has compartment separators kinda like that thing for silverware but its felt coated i suppose maybe its for an office furniture set idk i like it though :D

pretty sure you get bed frames for free when you get a mattress and box. we're doing the trial period of the tempurpedic foam and they give you this thick layer to "test" it goes over the top of the bed so you can get a feel of what its like to be back in the womb again. Just a sample, but a oh so comfortable one.

also its a two 'bdrm' apartment the others a nursery or baby room thing. actually i would say we're a little over prepared for development considering all the second hand goods we've hoarded.

i'll admit that your statement couldn't been farther from the truth about a year ago lol

edit: fuck i keep forgetting that a bassinet doesn't count as a real crib

I built a bed, it is pretty kick ass but due to my stupid condo we couldn't make the turn from the door to the stairs so now it is sitting in my garage until we buy our next house

I hate my condo.
you didn't build it so that you could separate headboard/footboard/rails?

no headboard or footboard, it is a simple platform bed that is pretty strong. I used a kreg jig on the sides and you really can't take those out when they are secured in so dismantling it isn't really an option. It is one solid bed now. I do have side rails that I had already taken off before the move but that was going from a big room to a straight hallway. This one is a type of condo where you walk in and the stairs are immediately on the left so you can't make the turn. We also can't try to get over the side of the staircase to then turn it upright. What I'm probably going to end up doing (if we decide to keep it) is to cut it in half widthwise between slats in the middle, then bracing it back together and adding another middle support of the side that doesn't have one.

it is basically something like this:

Build a King-Sized Platform Bed - DIYwithRick

I even started a headboard like that one, it is all put together but I don't think I like it.

Last edited:
Back