[Bored]Going to try daoc

Calipso

Veteran XX
I know nothing about this game, anyone have any suggestions on what to play I think id like to play a caster dps. Also does anyone still play and if so what server. Going to be playing on the free trial.

after playing swg pre-cu, no mmorpg seems fun anymore.

I played swg from the start and quit just as they released the shitty space expansion. Heres my favourite screenshot of the glory days of swg.

kek.JPG

Also can any old daoc or current players give me some feedback on what a fun caster would be?

I know nothing about this game, anyone have any suggestions on what to play I think id like to play a caster dps. Also does anyone still play and if so what server. Going to be playing on the free trial.

hmm.

Bonedancer Midguard.

daoc.catacombs.com

click on Character builder 2, choose bonedancer and look at the different skills.
Then click on the class forums and read about which is best for a solo, non botted player to use.

Reason?

no need for a buffbot, you can solo a lot of stuff normal people can't including other players.

Other choices:

Albion Necromancer death sight spec.

Or:

Hibernia enchanter Mana spec.

all 3 are awsome solo classes, dps and casters.

Stay away from:

Support classes, Rogue classes (Archers are expensive, and rogues solo like ass). Most of all, read through the different class forums and see what sounds fun, look at the character builder for different build choices. Ignore fucking idiot fucks, its like Tribalwar, you have to sift through pages of bullshit teeny boppers trying to be cool to get the gem of a post.

My Characters:

Sorsabal 50 fire wizard on Bedevere Albion.
Warpfang 50 Ranger Hibernia Tristan
Katalyst 50 Skald Igraine

I have others but those are the ones you will find me on the most if you start on one of those servers, let me know who you are and ill start you out with some help so you can check out the real fun... thid. I can power level you to 20 pretty fast prolly so we can get you in the first real used battleground.

hmm.

Bonedancer Midguard.

daoc.catacombs.com

click on Character builder 2, choose bonedancer and look at the different skills.
Then click on the class forums and read about which is best for a solo, non botted player to use.

Reason?

no need for a buffbot, you can solo a lot of stuff normal people can't including other players.

Other choices:

Albion Necromancer death sight spec.

Or:

Hibernia enchanter Mana spec.

all 3 are awsome solo classes, dps and casters.

Stay away from:

Support classes, Rogue classes (Archers are expensive, and rogues solo like ass). Most of all, read through the different class forums and see what sounds fun, look at the character builder for different build choices. Ignore fucking idiot fucks, its like Tribalwar, you have to sift through pages of bullshit teeny boppers trying to be cool to get the gem of a post.

unless they fixed necros in RvR... all they're good for is powerleveling. debuffs put your pet to huge negatives. so many bugs when i still played... including one where your pet wouldn't listen to you and run off somewhere else, causing you to lose shade form. they're good for running melee trains though... abs debuff is killer.

and rogues solo pretty damn well at higher levels, with their evade going off like crazy. hamstring is good dmg for low end too. I soloed reds on my inf without buffs.

Ok cool il read up on those, thanks. Basically im looking for something that does good damage in pvp. I like the idea of realm vs realm it seems more like a war than other games pvp.

Oh wow I just started reading the bonedancer skilltree or whatever and I got lost like woah. Theres numbers everywhere and spells that i dont know!!:shock:

unless they fixed necros in RvR... all they're good for is powerleveling. debuffs put your pet to huge negatives. so many bugs when i still played... including one where your pet wouldn't listen to you and run off somewhere else, causing you to lose shade form. they're good for running melee trains though... abs debuff is killer.

and rogues solo pretty damn well at higher levels, with their evade going off like crazy. hamstring is good dmg for low end too. I soloed reds on my inf without buffs.

he is on the free trial, he wont be high enough to solo red's before his trial runs out. Necro's are getting MAJOR love the next patch, the biggest issue with them in RvR is pet pathing.. something that isnt a major issue in thid, as a matter of fact most necro's do well in thid if they arent complete fucking retards.

remember who we are talking to here, your advice is sound, if he was 50. The fact is, he is starting on the trial, I doubt he will make it past 24 so thid is looking where I am trying to get him to maximize his fun for the short amount of time he will be playing.

If he stays until 50 sweet, necro/bonedancer/enchanter are all great power level toons so he could just up for a month, power level himself a class he REALLY wants to play on the account he will make if he buys the box set. Either way he can't go wrong for ease of leveling, or thid action to get his pallete wet to the game, all 3 characters are VERY self sufficient and are great toons for a new player.

he is on the free trial, he wont be high enough to solo red's before his trial runs out. Necro's are getting MAJOR love the next patch, the biggest issue with them in RvR is pet pathing.. something that isnt a major issue in thid, as a matter of fact most necro's do well in thid if they arent complete fucking retards.

remember who we are talking to here, your advice is sound, if he was 50. The fact is, he is starting on the trial, I doubt he will make it past 24 so thid is looking where I am trying to get him to maximize his fun for the short amount of time he will be playing.

If he stays until 50 sweet, necro/bonedancer/enchanter are all great power level toons so he could just up for a month, power level himself a class he REALLY wants to play on the account he will make if he buys the box set. Either way he can't go wrong for ease of leveling, or thid action to get his pallete wet to the game, all 3 characters are VERY self sufficient and are great toons for a new player.

you got a point there =p

i haven't played in over 3 years, so some of my stuff may be outdated. what necro love are they doing? has mythic finally read my report? =p

you got a point there =p

i haven't played in over 3 years, so some of my stuff may be outdated. what necro love are they doing? has mythic finally read my report? =p

all pets now are the same, no negatives depending on which you use. When you cast the pet it will always be 80% of your level regardless of which pet casted and you will get a window that pops up asking you different things for your pet:

like:

Posion damage/Disease/Fire/Cold
1handed/shield/2handed

I don't know the exact changes since its been a couple days but read camelotherald.com the last pendragon update has the changes on it they are currently on revision B of the patch.

changes to melee combat.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2864.shtml

Changes to necro:

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2850.shtml

ecromancer

- The level cap on each of the Necromancer's pets has been removed. All of the summon spells should now summon a pet at 88% of the casters level, so that the Necromancer may use any pet they wish at any level like other pet casters. The one exception is the level 1 version of the summon, as it will summon a 100% pet with a cap of level 2. This is being left in place so that the Necromancer is viable until level 4 when they receive the second summoning spell.

- Abominations have had their inherent built in penalties to hit points and defense removed.

- Greater Necroservants have had their inherent built in penalties to hit points and defense removed.

- Necromancers will now be able to choose which weapon type and proc type their Abomination wields.

How this works - upon summoning the pet, the owner will see a prompt to target and talk to their pet by saying a particular key word - Arawn. This will bring up a menu that displays the various weapon/proc choices via key words.

The choices are: fiery sword, icy sword, poisonous sword, flaming mace, frozen mace and venomous mace. There are two base weapons: two-handed sword and two-handed mace. The three other choices are a fire proc, cold proc and poison (body damage) proc and the weapons have appropriate glow effects representing their damage proc. Primary weapon damage is slash and crush.

Abominations will also instant cast the top base line Strength and Dexterity buffs when commanded via keyword by the Necromancer.

These words and menu selections will only function if the pet owner, and only the pet owner, has their pet targeted.

- All Necromancer pet summons have had their cast time reduced by half.

- All Necromancer pet cast buffs are able to be cast while moving.

- Endurance and Invigoration potions will now be useable in shadeform.

- Abominations now have two-handed styles similar to the styles that Commanders and others use.

So are those classes dependant on their pet? Or is the majority of their damage done through spells?

Bonedancer:

depending on spec, you are dependent on pet. With the good spec (Ill have to look it up) you get 2 healer pets and a tank pet, you just sit there and nuke with a lifetap and your pets keep you alive.. Ive seen a bonedancer take on 3 people this way and live.

Necro:

you are in essance, THE pet. You cast your spells THROUGH your pet.

Enchanter:

Manaspec: PBAE (Point Blank Area Affect) spec. That means the area directly around you gets blasted with damage, very high damage. These are used as bomb classes.. meaning you run up with group and start hitting pbae, anything around the group dies.. and usually fast.

Light Spec:
DD Spec... you get a single target Nuke, in Thid at level 24 what I do is stun my target, stick my pet on him.. pet hits for around 80hp's a nuke, and I nuke for about 150.. its devistating, but if you get more then one person on you, your dead and you arent as wanted in groups as you are if you go mana.

The third spec, enchantments or whatever, is a waste. Dont bother.

daoc kind of lost it's cool a year or so ago. used to be a blast. last time i played, a few months ago on a classic server, the casters to go for (that you would want to stick with, not just a pl bot)

midgard - bonedancer (runemasters are pretty good too)
hibernia - eldritch, specifically light
albion - sorcerer or theurgist

that's assuming you stick with it and get into 8 man action. otherwise the previous advice is good.

good thing about a bonedancer is you're good for pretty much everything. soloing in pve and pvp, and 8 man. they are annoying bastards.

Back