[Books] Mystery thrillers with historical elements

LOL...I agreed with him too. Probably why I was sort of wanting a different outcome...another problem with Dan Brown, the outcomes are a bit predictable.

If you like badass characters, then I truly recommend Scott Mariani's Ben Hope series...by far my favorite series, and there is plenty of the historical element in them to keep you reading. Think he is up to 8 or 9 in the series now, with the next four to come out every six months...worth the read.
Osiris, you using an ereader? If so, which one? What format?

Im using kobo on my ipad so .epubs are fine. Im amazed at how easy it is to download this shit straight into the ipad. Google book title + epub and you get a download link for the most part lol

Cool..

Also can hook ya up with a tracker invite if you need one...if you find any books in the genre that you like, list em..I am always trying to find some new books to read.

Try Matthew Reilly, an Australian writer. His Jack West Jr series features an Indiana Jones type character which is a lot of fun to read. Is a little similar to Clive Cussler. He also has a lot of video gaming style elements to his work, not super nerdy but you can tell he is/was a gamer.

All of his stuff I have read has been enjoyable.
Matthew Reilly

Also +1 for Timeline, it is great.

The Baroque Cycle of books (trilogy) by Neal Stephenson is very heavy on the history and also a good read.
The Baroque Cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would agree with Umberto Eco...the guy obviously knows his stuff.

Matthew Reilly, to me, is much more like Clive Cussler....more of the adventure than the historical mystery. Steve Berry's Cotton Malone is another great character. There are many great stories in the genre....Simon Toyne's Sanctus Trilogy is pretty great.

James Rollins-Sigma Force books
Steve Berry-Cotton Malone series
Scott Mariani-Ben Hope series ---probably my favorite series
Glenn Cooper-Library trilogy
Charles Brokaw-
Andy McDermott-his series are very fun reads
Chris Kuzneski

obviously, there are many more, but these seem to be the top guys in the genre. If you go a bit deeper, you will find less successful authors, but the tales are incredible.

Back