moe.
Primus
Gov't Mule
Los Lobos
Galactic
Gomez
Yonder Mountain String Band
North Mississippi Allstars

Need I say more? This is only the partial list btw.

Who's going?

some girl in my comm class is going

i think she wants me to go because shes like "oh i got all these tickets and dont know how many friends im taking"

maybe ill go if her boyfriend doesnt, i dont dig the music that much but id have a good time.

I'd love to go to that one too, but 2 big festivals is too much $bling$ to worry about, plus its all the way in cali, not that I wouldn't love a roadtrip to cali.

There's no reason not to attend an event like this, really. The music makes my skin crawl, and I'm well past retired from drugs, but at the same time...

I'd be really amused going to bonnaroo. The whole "this stage"/"that stage"/"which stage"/"what stage" etc naming scheme alone would be hysterical to watch.

SmokeDog said:
Fixed.

Edit: those tickets are worth about 160 bucks a pop glare, i'd take her up, esp if her bf isn't going.

yeah if her bf doesnt go im getting laid for sure.

if he goes i dont think hes into DP'ing her.

As for correcting my list, I will back myself up by informing you that I have been to Ultra the past two years and it's a very similar lineup. Saw RabbitITM, PvD, PO, Junkie XL, Crystal Method, Underworld, Timo Maas, etc

Sp3xx said:
As for correcting my list, I will back myself up by informing you that I have been to Ultra the past two years and it's a very similar lineup. Saw RabbitITM, PvD, PO, Junkie XL, Crystal Method, Underworld, Timo Maas, etc

Outside of Underworld, you've basically listed the ICP of electronic music there. Whatever works, I guess, but there's much better to be found.

thought the full list was out? i saw trey a while ago in maine, he was amazing. and my buddies went to bonaroo last year and said it was insane.

I am now embarassed enough to list every artist I can remember seeing at both Ultras I have attended...

Dieselboy
Junkie XL
RITM
Crystal Method
PvD
PO
UNderworld
Timo Maas
Sasha
John Digweed
Erick Morillo
Pete Tong
Electric Skychurch
Goldie
Keoki
Tiesto
Rap
Jekyl and Hyde
Icey Uberzone
Sandy Sikora
Dynamite
Bad Boy Bill
Acosta
Roni Size
Picotto

uhm that's all I can remember.

Sp3xx said:
Dieselboy - Pompous, over confident, defensive, and short. Amazing dj, asshole of a person. I've been pulled off of the guy twice now, distant history.
Junkie XL - I've got nothing.
RITM - HEYGUYSICANGRINDMYCROTCHWITHSAWSBECAUSEICANTWRITEMUSIC
Crystal Method - Same as above, just with an overdose of nerdery and a cribbed page from underworld hiding behind kit.
PvD - Fuck off and die. I hate trance, but even more than trance I fucking loathe "PvD" and "Oakie." Fucking happy go lucky coat-tailing no talent hacks.
PO - I've got nothing.
UNderworld - Adoration.
Timo Maas - Adoration.
Sasha - Adoration, believe it or not. Stellar guy, twisted sense of humor, and a fuck off talented dj to boot. He came in for one of our gigs on an hour or two of sleep in the last 4 days, carrying an advil bottle of horsepill speed. He spun for almost 9 hours that night, seamless, on 3 decks. Hate trance or not, the guy was born with a tech 12 up his ass.
John Digweed - Digweed? Seriously. Fuck. Ass. Bottom line.
Pete Tong - HAY CHEESETRANCE WORKS IN THE UK AMERICA WILL LOVE IT.
Goldie - Maybe my gold teeth will redeem me from the fact that I wasn't even around when drum and bass was born.
Keoki - ... He passed out ON a turntable the last set I saw from him.
Tiesto - DOOT DOOT DOOT BWEEEEEPPPPP EPICEPICEPIC nancy trance.
Rap - My career in drum and bass was cut short by woefully misguided belief that I had any talent at all and might reach pop star status. Even my absolutely slamming rack can't save me now.
Icey - We had a running joke about this cat. We'd book him for the pull his name would draw on the flyer, but we'd all go watch the main room when he went on. Guy could clear a floor faster than Merzbow.
Uberzone - Talent, fine.
Bad Boy Bill - We spent over 2 hours finding the MAX GAIN possible on his mic before his set so he could mindlessly prattle on BAD BOOOYYY BILLLLLL while hack jobbing shitty house vinyl.
Roni Size - Had a lot of promise, Reprazent era, but got really misguided for a while (Breakbeat Era, etc). Lately has shown some of the older rugged roots. Talking shit about Roni Size for me is like pooping on bibles though.

:shrug: Sorry. I sound like a real dick, but it's all honest opinion.

Back