Blanco: yeah, well I guess I really need to ask for troops" [VIDEO]

OMG not another blame thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i know it is relevant, i just am getting a wee bit sick of them. as you were

Please don’t hotlink to my videos - it is hard enough to deal with the current bandwidth I have now. If you like the video(s) you’ve seen, please consider donating to my dedicated server tipjar here.

Ian Schwartz

Tired of Dating Liberals?

Are you tired of meeting liberals at the bar?

Do you get sick of hearing your boyfriend or girlfriend bash conservatives?

Now there is hope!

SweetbabyJ said:
Tired of Dating Liberals?

Are you tired of meeting liberals at the bar?

Do you get sick of hearing your boyfriend or girlfriend bash conservatives?

Now there is hope!

:lol:

-but the video is the point, not the host. :)

I don't get the fuss over this one. In her letter to Bush on 8/27 (2 days before storm hit) requesting he declare a state of emergency....

I have determined that this incident is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the State and affected local governments, and that supplementary Federal assistance is necessary to save lives, protect property, public health, and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a disaster. I am specifically requesting emergency protective measures...

what would this mean? How would the federal government fulfill this request without troops considering what the entire country could see happening? Or as her press secretary said...you don't ask a dying man if he wants cpr...

I don't understand whats so hard about listing exactly what you want. "I need help" What kind of help ... couple days later "I need so and so help! OMGZ0RZ WHY ARN"T YOU HELPING?!!?" Uhhhhh

Lets just admit everyone fucked up here, she should have been smart enough to have made a specific request and the fed gov should have known that they needed a lot of help. Now, lets move on ehhh?!

I agree

but I guess it boils down to what goes along with declaring a state of emergency. if it pretty much ALWAYS means "send troops!"...then Bush should've sent the fucking troops without having to have a specific box checked and triple rubber stamped.

If the governor knew that troops aren't usually implied, than she should've made it VERY clear

I don't know on this one

SweetbabyJ said:
what would this mean? How would the federal government fulfill this request without troops considering what the entire country could see happening? Or as her press secretary said...you don't ask a dying man if he wants cpr...

That's a horrible analogy. You don't ask a dying man if he wants CPR because he can't answer. The governor of Louisiana wasn't incapacitated at any point during this disaster last I checked.

Blanco: PRAY, JUST PRAY, EVERYBODY PRAY, WE NEED A NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER TOMORROW!

Blanco: It's just lake water.

FOURSTAR said:
I don't understand whats so hard about listing exactly what you want. "I need help" What kind of help ... couple days later "I need so and so help! OMGZ0RZ WHY ARN"T YOU HELPING?!!?" Uhhhhh

Lets just admit everyone fucked up here, she should have been smart enough to have made a specific request and the fed gov should have known that they needed a lot of help. Now, lets move on ehhh?!

What's the point of declaring a state of emergency and asking for federal support if the feds don't know how to fullfill the request?

SweetbabyJ said:
What's the point of declaring a state of emergency and asking for federal support if the feds don't know how to fullfill the request?

First off, you can't just expect things to happen so fast. I'm willing to be that troops were getting prepared to leave before the official request was made. And now people, especially her, will realize that you can't just make a blanket request. Durrr i need help...someone of that stature should have known that being VERY SPECIFIC would have been a lot smarter. Plain and simple, the feds cannot act without a SPECIFIC request for troops, so how hard was it for her to ASK SPECIFICALLY FOR FUCKING TROOPS?

Crazy8 said:
That's a horrible analogy. You don't ask a dying man if he wants CPR because he can't answer. The governor of Louisiana wasn't incapacitated at any point during this disaster last I checked.

No, it was the city of new orleans that was dying, not the governor.

If you know cpr and you are responsible for saving people, do you wait until somebody else who can see the man is dying and then asks you for help, before performing cpr? But I don't get this situation because the help was already asked for before the man was dying.

Well, applying the same rule that Bush is responsible because Brown is an idiot, Blanco is responsible for turning away Red Cross relief because they didn't want people to stay there. I guess last time they were there, a bunch of stuff was "looted".

FOURSTAR said:
First off, you can't just expect things to happen so fast. I'm willing to be that troops were getting prepared to leave before the official request was made. And now people, especially her, will realize that you can't just make a blanket request. Durrr i need help...someone of that stature should have known that being VERY SPECIFIC would have been a lot smarter. Plain and simple, the feds cannot act without a SPECIFIC request for troops, so how hard was it for her to ASK SPECIFICALLY FOR FUCKING TROOPS?

The official request was made 2 days before the storm hit. Troops arrived a week later.

In that request, she requested..."I am specifically requesting emergency protective measures"... "I request Direct Federal assistance for work and services to save lives and protect property."

How would the federal government accomplish these tasks? Is it her job to decide? Should she have requested specific military? Send the army? Marines? National Guard? What type of helicopters would you like sent? Which weapons, how many tanks?

Her letter was not a blanket statement, she requested in very clear terms what was needed from the federal government, but since she is not an official in the military department or homeland security, it should not be her job to decide how these goals are accomplished. She asked for help and described what the help would be needed for.

Too much red tape bullshit.....

Because the agreement that was already in existence for states to contribute Guard troops to Louisiana did not include a provision on their use in law enforcement, Blum said, Gov. Blanco had to get separate written agreements authorizing Guardsmen to do police-type duty.

Even Mexico didn't fuck up as bad as Nagin... lol This was during Emily.

CANCUN, Mexico - A massive evacuation of tourists in one of the world's largest resorts began Sunday, as hundreds of buses were dispatched to move tens of thousands of tourists away from Hurricane Emily, heading toward a direct hit on the coast.

The very size of the task was daunting: about 500 buses were ordered to move 30,000 tourists in Cancun — part of a total of 70,000 to 80,000 mostly foreign tourists to be evacuated statewide to temporary shelters in ballrooms and convention centers.

Back