Black Friday - What's the best HDTV?

KellyMonaco

Forum Sentinel++
Veteran XV
Strongly considering buying a spiffy new TV since I got almost a double paycheck this time round due to all the overtime I worked last week. Only looking at 1080p models though, no 720s.

Browsing through the ads it looks this these are the ones in my price range:

- Best Buy: Westinghouse - 47" 1080p LCD Flat-Panel HDTV ($1299)

- Best Buy: HP - 42" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV ($997)

- Circuit City: Sharp Aquos 46" LCD HDTV ($1299)

Costco also has a Philips 47", but I can't find the model number. Kinda looking at the Westinghouse... anyone have any advice/input? Will definitely being doing more research over the weekend, and trying to find these sets in-store somewhere to take a look at them.

Sounds like both BB and CC aren't going to be doing price-matching on the day, meaning I won't be able to buy it beforehand which sucks. Maybe there's a better option out there and I shouldn't bother with BF?

if it is < 50 inch 1080p wont matter to much over 720p.

Panasonic has some of the best SD pictures on an HDTV. If you don't mind Plasma I would look into the Panasonic 42 inch for 899 at BB. If most of the TV you watch is SD you will thank yourself.

i have to say I really like the 'software correction' sharp and phillips have, i think sony has it too?

Hell they might all have it. Just letting you know its not some useless gimmick, it's nice.

all of those are shit.

get a samsung or a sony, they're the best in terms of picture quality, dont get a plasma, they have to many problems, and get an extended warranty because these new TV's stop working for seemingly no reason all the time.

all of those are shit.

get a samsung or a sony, they're the best in terms of picture quality, dont get a plasma, they have to many problems, and get an extended warranty because these new TV's stop working for seemingly no reason all the time.

It's apparent you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Cool are we gonna have another "I work at Best Buy so I know everything about televisions" threads? The last one about monster cables was pretty hilarious.

Cool are we gonna have another "I work at Best Buy so I know everything about televisions" threads? The last one about monster cables was pretty hilarious.

rofl, nah, i don't work at best buy, i work for a company that repairs these things when the average consumer 'breaks' it.

rofl, nah, i don't work at best buy, i work for a company that repairs these things when the average consumer 'breaks' it.

Your job is repairing broken tvs dumbass. Of course you're going to say they break all the time... jesus christ you're fucking dumb.

Back