[Bikes] What one should I buy?

La Heladera

Veteran X
Been looking at the Trek FX 7.3 and the Soho series. Will be using it to ride to and from campus, on city streets mostly.

Anyone have experience with Giant brand bikes? Other recommendations?

i dropped $300 on an 80s bridgestone and if it is a commuter in a relatively busy area you would prly appreciate the chromoly frame after your first collision

Those handlebars will get you killed on the street. Get something that doesn't stick out a foot and a half on each side.

time_machine01_zoom_1.jpg

if you're ever late for class, you can just go back in time

Been looking at the Trek FX 7.3 and the Soho series. Will be using it to ride to and from campus, on city streets mostly.

Anyone have experience with Giant brand bikes? Other recommendations?

in all seriousness though. you might as well get a road bike instead of a tweener... or even a fixie

Get a cyclocross bike, you can drop a curb or go through dirt/grass without hating life.

Get a cyclocross bike, you can drop a curb or go through dirt/grass without hating life.
Yes, but you certainly hate life after paying for one.

I've been pretty happy with my decision to go with another mountain frame, but just using narrower tires since I do more road riding these days. It's easier to handle on the road, but the tires and frame are still rugged enough to leave it.

Yes, but you certainly hate life after paying for one.

I've been pretty happy with my decision to go with another mountain frame, but just using narrower tires since I do more road riding these days. It's easier to handle on the road, but the tires and frame are still rugged enough to leave it.

to be fair though.. mountain and road gearing is completely different.

if he's always going to be riding on the road, it doesn't make sense to use a mountain bike.

to be fair though.. mountain and road gearing is completely different.

if he's always going to be riding on the road, it doesn't make sense to use a mountain bike.
Yes, but it's a matter of preference as well. The Soho is one of those "urban/commuter" bikes which basically look like tame MTBs to me (I've never actually ridden one, so I can't comment from experience.) That may suggest that he's more comfortable with that frame style than he would be on a road bike.

I know I am. I've tried a couple and I just cannot see myself ever being comfortable on that style of frame. I'm too used to riding one way. I kind of wish I could get over it, because long distance road riding would be a hell of a lot easier on an actual road bike.

Back