Best Superman story you've read?

Spacebump

Veteran X
What do you think is the best Superman story? Personally I think Superman Red Son is the best. A communist Superman and a twist ending, twas excellent.

soglad.gif

My favorite is the one where he kicked the evil Spacebump's ass and then fucked Spacebump's mom.

But that's just me..

'The Life and Death of Superman' was a great book by any standard, not just as a superman story but as a story in general. The fight between superman and Doomsday was so much more interesting and thorough than what was seen in any comic. i cant remember the author, but the way he wrote every aspect of it. Not just a fight between Doomsday and Superman, but he went into great detail with News reports and civilian reaction. You'd be looking through Supe's eyes, then DD's, then Lois's, then the camer-mans.

Makes me want to read it again, I'm afraid, however, it may not be as good as when I read it when I was 15, and i'd rather not tarnish a great memory.

Scuzzle said:
'The Life and Death of Superman' was a great book by any standard, not just as a superman story but as a story in general. The fight between superman and Doomsday was so much more interesting and thorough than what was seen in any comic. i cant remember the author, but the way he wrote every aspect of it. Not just a fight between Doomsday and Superman, but he went into great detail with News reports and civilian reaction. You'd be looking through Supe's eyes, then DD's, then Lois's, then the camer-mans.

Makes me want to read it again, I'm afraid, however, it may not be as good as when I read it when I was 15, and i'd rather not tarnish a great memory.

this was truly one of the best.

last one i read was for the millenium giants and superman was split into red and blue energy beings. it was so fucked up but pretty good none the less (the issues following that kinda sucked tho, having like myxyphlyk and aqua man and stuff)

edit: Zero Hour was good aswell

I just got done downloading season 3 of smallville (all 8 episodes that have aired so far. wooooo) but it is an awsome season so far

Last edited:
Back