Best burger place in your area?

EagleScream

Veteran X
Saw the chicken sandwich thread and figured would do a burger place we could all reference when we head to different cities as I am constantly travelling. All I request is you put the city you are close to, and the best places for burgers (plus the worst if you want to rip them) oh and maybe highlight the best if you make a long list.

I am in the Toronto, Canada area.

-A&W 3/5 burger was bland, service at a few locations is shit though have only gone to maybe 3 locations across York region and Simcoe region so maybe they are better elsewhere
-Baton Rogue (been to locations in Toronto and York Region): 2/5 undercooked burger that was bland, service is shit where the servers take your order after forever and then your food takes forever
-Boston Pizza: 5/5 their pizza is shit but their burger is really good. Juicy, flavourful, what a burger is suppose to be like
-Burger King: 5/5 fucking whopper is the best burger of any chain and $3.50 for it is fucking awesome.
-Burger Priest: 4/5 burger is good but their staff is inept, cannot dress a burger properly sometimes, location dont matter, really need secret shoppers at this place as you got workers who expect $14/hr and they do a shit job...
-Canoe: 2/5 for such an expensive restaurant their burgers and other food is SHIT. No flavour at all, the fucker on Masterchef Canada should have me fucking rate his food I would Gordon Ramsey him fucking no flavour at all, fucking not even salt, like they killed the cow and they cooked it without any seasoning at all. Servers are nice and the view is nice but do NOT go for the food at all...
-CN Tower 360: 3/5 burger is bland, service last time I went was horrible (that said you want to see the tower, do the restaurant as the lineup otherwise takes forever), just ensure you eat somewhere else before, yeah you are burning money on bad food but if time is limited for you like it is for me then worth the cash burn, if you are not time poor avoid this place
-Crabby Joe's (Listowel): 1/5 burgers and flies, burgers are slop with no flavour and pretty tough to begin with... (had to include this place as absolute shit, the worst of all of them)
-Dairy Queen: 4/5 their mushroom swiss burger is actually really nice, though their service at most locations is fucking slow, like glacial speed slow...
-East Side Marios: 3/5 bland and boring, this place has good salmon and pastas mind you. Their chicken sucks too...
-Fionn MacCools (independent in Newmarket between 404 and 400): 1/5 burnt and tasteless do not go, nice servers, appetizers are really good, but the burger and the side were total shit.
-Houston's (Barrie): 1/5 BURNT burger and inept service, stay away
-Jack Astor's: 2/5 bland, and not cooked well, service is shit on top of that
-Kelseys: 3/5 ordered a peppercorn burger, had to use pepper as the cook forgot to include it, besides that the burger was cooked okay, just boring as fuck
-Lockerroom (Barrie): 4.5/5 burger was great, not perfect but better than a 4. Juicy and nice overall. Service is great here too.
-Malone's Pint House (Bradford): 3/5 burger was beyond bland, fucking napkin had more taste. Cooked well mind you, just beyond bland.
-McDonalds: 3/5 fuck their service has gone to shit, have fucked up my burger so many times I just do not go anymore unless I need a double cheeseburger and even that they fuck up at times. If the burger is made right 3/5 (and to be honest most of their burgers suck of late, the sauce on the Angus is fucking gross unlike how it use to be, just get the double cheese or quarter pounder or Big Mac), just check if you go through the drive thru as they fuck up your burger regularly in terms of putting it together right whether it is York Region, Peel Region, or Durham, find all the same shit in terms of the same fuckups so have given up on these morons...
-Milestones 5/5 Their beef burger is fucking good. Tasty, moist, fucking awesome, just do not get their chicken burger as that is shit, and their kids burger STAY AWAY, fucking frozen meat or something, my kid gave me his and I was like what the fuck is this shit, I get it, kids will eat anything but honestly I figure the kids burgers are recycled or burgers they made and did not sell or something as they are horrible.
-Montana's 2/5: Burger was burnt on the edges and not cooked properly. Shit cooks, fucking hire some blind people here they will do a better job. Have been to many of their locations over the years as my friends and business colleagues like this fucking place for some demented reason...think because of the drinks, they are not food people...
-Moxie's: 2/5 their burger is crap, overcooked, dry, and their service on top of that is horrible.
-Octagon (Richmond Hill): 2/5 no flavour on their burger, no options (in terms of toppings), rude service, complete fail
-South Street Burger: 4/5 nice burgers though pretty sure they use fillers as not as filling based on the size you get
-The Works: 4/5 burger was good, not great but good in terms of flavour and they are consistent between their locations across the GTA. Their fries are shit...
-Wendy's: 2.5/5 fucking consistently flavourless burgers, like if you do not like seasoning then this is the place for you, if you like a tad of flavour though fucking avoid
-Urban Dish (Barrie): 3/5 burger is without flavour. Typical fucking independent bland food restaurant in the GTA.

Burger Monger - a little pricey but excellent burgers. Uses all Akaushi beef (hot dogs too).
El Cap - St. Petersburg iconic burger place. Kind of a small hole in the wall bar that makes great burgers

If you want probably the best burger in SW Ohio, go to Miamisburg and find the Hamburger Wagon on Central. This place is literally a wagon, about the size of a large phone booth. Been in business since 1913. If you're not there by about 11, you're not getting lunch

There is a burger place called BURGER PRIEST? really ran out of ideas, huh.

There used to be a place locally owned here that made the burgers like you would at a backyard BBQ...sadly, he closed the place recently.

I would say my local pub....they make burgers to order, and they are delicious.

You eat at some shitty ass places, Eagle!

Pro-tip...go to Cumbrae's (I go to their Bayview/Eglinton location), get their short rib burger (may only have it in Spring/summer - not sure, I stock up and have a freezer with many vac-packed) and then go down the street to Cobb Breads and get a bun.

Cook - eat - enjoy.

If you do not want to cook, go to Bymark or Rudy.

good thread but i stopped reading at -Burger King: 5/5 wtf

imo like pizza you can get a good burger anywhere so it's not really worth going out of your way to get a "great" one, i can name half a dozen bars around here where they're always good

when i went to west coast recently i tried in n out and holy shit your burgers over there must be terrible if you people think that trash is edible

I liked the burgers from other countries like Japan that add spices and bread to the burger and there’s something more than just seasoned ground beef

My fav American fast food is a Hardee’s mushroom Swiss tho

In n out is terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
-Burger Priest: 4/5 burger is good but their staff is inept, cannot dress a burger properly sometimes, location dont matter, really need secret shoppers at this place as you got workers who expect $14/hr and they do a shit job...

You eat at some shitty ass places, Eagle!

priest used to be good when it first opened up in the beaches, these days again its more of a mass produced chain

and yeah most of those are fast food chains or nicer restaurants owned by fast food chains (like half of them are CARA restaurants it's all the same shit lol)

carbon bar best burgers in the city imo, brisket cheeseburger is ridic, same with the smoked bacon burger

i'd say hit up rudy, the federal, batch, kitson & co, museum tavern and even holy chuck over all those

heck i'd take a burger shack or johnnys burger before any chain

roy-rogers-resturant-shirley-1.jpg

big chain: 5 guys
technically a chain but they only have 12 locs nationwide: Jack Brown's
local: burger in the square

Five Guys
Backyard Burger
Red Robin

There are over 100 restaurants (I counted) within 15 minutes of my office and probably half of them have a burger on the menu. Those are just the first three that I can remember offering a consistently good burger.

The best non-chain burger in this area is a place called Nick's Diner. They're only open for lunch. I get it with bacon and a fried egg over hard. Place also has an amazing steak sandwich, but only on certain days of the week.

Back