Belguim...Bruges....Beer.

Rulide

Veteran XX
Im hitting Belgium tomorrow and plan on drinking a lot of beer. If the beer snobs have any "must try" obscure beers i would like to hear them.

While I love me some belgium beer, my approach would be to drink beer that you see there that you haven't seen elsewhere. Find something new that isn't available at home. Now it may be that its not available elsewhere for a reason i.e it sucks. But you may also find something small and special that doesn't have the marketing to get shipped around the world.

I can't name many Belgians off the top of my head because, generally, they aren't my thing. Delerium has a great winter brew out called Noel. Not obscure, but still delicious.

once you're back in the states just order beer from the bruery, as good as belgium belgian beer (or better!)

Chimay is damn good but probably not obscure enough

I had a Leffe brown at a steakhouse the other week, was delicious

I suggest trying the beer.

And possibly the women.

2uykv7t.gif

i would say try the beer for sure

and perhaps the men

wkpqo6.jpg

The choice is obvious.

If you're in Bruges, it's only like a half hour by train to Brussels. And you can go to my favorite cafe, A La Mort Subite. Their beer is very good. Service is very quick and the food is pretty damn delicious too.

IMGP4451 by elvis_hitler2000, on Flickr

westvleteren

Came here to post this ...

Trappist Westvleteren 12 - Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren) - Westvleteren, Belgium - BeerAdvocate

You *should* be able to get this from the visitors center - Westvleteren Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The brewery

I would rate this as a "must do" if you are looking for an obscure but high quality beer.

Even did a map route for you - http://maps.google.com.au/maps?sadd...o4sPcRzHO3XrrrILT9A&oq=Brujes&mra=ls&t=h&z=11

Last edited:
Back