Been out of the whole torrent business for a while, I have a question....

Alpine

Ice Cold++
Veteran XX
I know you don't just download utorrent and start downloading without playing with some settings first. So far I see to remove DHT and turn off peer exchange. What are some other settings that are mandatory?

Also is anybody running peerguardian 2?

No that is for useing private trackers so public people will not be able to seed off you so you will not be uploading to people that won't boost your ratio.

I didn't know about DHT and peer exchange, thanks. Only setting I use is upload cap since it will basically crash my modem if I max out the connection. I do use PeerBlocker 1.0 which I believe is the newer iteration of Peer Guardian. I was notified by my ISP about pirating a movie and since using it have not had any trouble. It is quite annoying to run in the background as it will block a large number of programs and websites and it can be a pain to unblock them. I mostly use it for overnight downloading.

Thanks,

What did you do about the notification from the ISP?

I know a girl who was fined $5,000 for 13 songs she uploaded. Even though it was Kazaa and it was 5 years ago.

Thanks,

What did you do about the notification from the ISP?

I know a girl who was fined $5,000 for 13 songs she uploaded. Even though it was Kazaa and it was 5 years ago.

"i have a wireless router, someone must have stoled my internets wtf. i use itunes for movies"

Back