Been on a trip-hop binge

ODiE

Veteran X
Listening to a lot of Poe, Zero 7, Portishead, Massive Attack, Handsome Boy Modeling School, and whatever else the Pandora triphop station throws at me.

Got any suggestions for some triphop albums I should own?

portishead is hit and miss for me depending on the song, the vocals are a little off-the-wall but the rhythms and melodies are great.

I'm not sure if would be trip hop or synth hop, but check out Wolfsheim. I just downloaded their discography and love it. It's very strange music, kind of melancholy.

portishead is hit and miss for me depending on the song, the vocals are a little off-the-wall but the rhythms and melodies are great.

same, most is a miss though for me :/

wandering star is my fav song of thiers

Triphop to me is music that is perfectly suited to three things. Sleeping, fucking, and smokin' weed. If it meets those criteria great. What I'm listening to right now on my pandora station:

disregard wierd ass video.

can't beleive I forgot about Thievery Corp. I saw them live forever ago with The Roots at the Gorge in Washington state... AMAZING show. The Postal Service played with the sun setting in the backround over the gorge and shortly after Thievery Corp came on and it was the chillest coolest show.

Ha, and as I typed that they came on my Pandora.

leaf - grounded from within
and of course the album that started it all
dj shadow - entroducin...
and everything from DJ Krush

Thievery Corporation, Fila Brazilia, Dj Krush, Bonobo, Nightmares on Wax, Funki Porcini, Kid Loco and Kruder & Dorfmeister are some of the ones I like

Back