Bear Grylls is a nasty motherfucker

I watch both shows, and I like both. But I do find Bear more entertaining to watch, mostly for the risks he takes (for example the climbing and whatnot) and the gross-out factor where he eats nasty shit.

who cares if it's fake

lets see les "old motherfucker" stroud jump into a freezing lake or do a quarter of the shit bear does

if i'm gonna go out in the forest all alone it might as well be in a really awesome way like trying to make a bridge out of bamboo instead of camping out eating bugs and squirrels for years

That video was like a good movie. It made me curious, it made me cringe, it nearly made me cry, and then it made me laugh.

lets see les "old motherfucker" stroud jump into a freezing lake

actually Les has done that. It was the Alaska Survivorman special a few months ago, and he jumped into freezing water and stayed in there for a couple minutes as part of a study they were doing on the effects of hypothermia.

actually Les has done that. It was the Alaska Survivorman special a few months ago, and he jumped into freezing water and stayed in there for a couple minutes as part of a study they were doing on the effects of hypothermia.
Is there where he had to stay in a freezer for an hour with fans blowing on him while trying to do puzzles?

Is there where he had to stay in a freezer for an hour with fans blowing on him while trying to do puzzles?

no, I know what you're talking about, and this is more recent than that one. The one I'm talking about aired during their fairly recent "Alaska Week" on Discovery. I think it was called "Survivorman: Surviving Alaska" or something like that.

Last edited:
They are both pretty badass motherfuckers. I have more respect for Les because he actually puts himself in situations where he has to survive - but Bear does some pretty amazing stuff (under controlled circumstances, of course).

That rhino beetle larvae was pretty impressive. The lens squirt was unexpected.

thats pretty hardcore

i'm sure he was boring while doing it though

It takes me no more than the blink of an eye to answer the question, "Would you rather go to the bar with Bear or Les?"

thats pretty hardcore

i'm sure he was boring while doing it though

:lol: yeah he's not the most excitable guy you'll ever see, I'll give you that.

but yeah watching him jump into that water and stay in for a couple minutes actually gave me a new found respect for Les.

i remember one episode he found this deer thing, skinned it with his pocket knife and used it as a blanket during a snow storm

all the while being like "yeah it's cold as fuck and this thing STINKS, night guys"

It takes me no more than the blink of an eye to answer the question, "Would you rather go to the bar with Bear or Les?"

I have no desire to date either of these men. Knock yourself out though.

Bear is a stunt man. Most of the stunts he pulls on his show are completely unnecessary to survival. Then again we're comparing apples to oranges here. Survivorman is an informative show about real survival situations and how the average person can overcome it. Man vs Wild is a less informative show about a guy who can do things that would get 99% of the viewers killed if they tried it themselves.

Why should you watch these shows?
Survivorman: For entertainment and educational value. What you learn may one day save your ass.

Man vs Wild: For entertainment and light educational value. What you learn may one day maim or kill you. And come on, who honestly doesn't want to see this clown eat shit? Not literally. Who doesn't want to see him die?

Back