Be the first kid on your block to own a Genpet!

Trinston

Veteran XV
http://www.genpets.com/index.php

Is this a real actual product? They look like fetuses. I can't imagine a retailer having that thing on the shelves. I still want one though, what a perfect Christmas gift.

photo16m.jpg

holy shit that's disturbing yet awesome.

edit: oh, they're marketing them as supposedly being real genetically engineered things. so it's fake.

i was thinking it was either some sort of just plastic display, or some sort of foam latex covered freaky thing.

While the pieces are animatronic, the movement for most units is subtle. Early on it became clear that having all 19 animals moving would look very busy and would be very difficult for me and my budget. Thus 12 are 'sleeping' with only their chests rising up and down, as the other units move and struggle.
This also made logical sense from the stand point of a company as having the animals asleep would be easier on the animal, as well as more acceptable to a consumer audience.
In the end, it forgoes any problems with animatronics that move jerky or unrealistically. Its accepted that the animals are asleep, and thus no one expects them to move a great deal, and the small bit of movement that they do have gets a far greater reaction and looks more realistic than I myself even expected.

Damn. That's a lot of fucking work.

Kudos to the artist. :bigthumb:

Alpine said:

I actually thought of a cool idea for after someone had died. Have a interactive screen where you can access movies of the person after they are dead. I wanted to have like a blog going
"Hi I'm dead but thanks for visiting my grave I preffer black roses but anything that smells nice will do. I you wouldn't mind dumping a Jack and Coke on top of me and planting some pot seeds over me I would greatly appreciate it, For movies of me playing paintball press the number one onthe screen. For movies of me doing Kung Fu press number 2.

Come on rich people would pay some serious money for that shit.

now why would someone go through all this trouble of making those things and making a fake website for it all?

Skeletor666 said:
I actually thought of a cool idea for after someone had died. Have a interactive screen where you can access movies of the person after they are dead.

Too late. Video display systems on tombs are already out there.

Back