Albatron K8X800 Pro Mobo
Athlon 64 2800+
512MB Kingston
80 gig hard drive
Leadtek Geforce FX5700

So far the only games I have on it are:
UT2004
Far Cry (Which came with the A64)
Battlefield '42 (Which came with the video card)
Battlefield Vietnam
T:V Beta

The games that run fine are UT, FC, and T:V. However, I have problems with both of the Battlefield games. They take about 4 minutes from starting the program to the main menu. The intro videos are choppy, in both audio and video. Also, map switching times are far longer than on comparable systems. At one point, in-game I was experiencing graphical glitches and although those have not started to happen recently, I didn't do anything to get them to stop, so they might start again at any time. Both games are patched to the most recent version, as well as the card drivers.

Any suggestions?

no, the game runs fine on my other PC, a stock HP Athlon XP1800+ with a 9600pro added in. Its an old computer, and yet it runs the BF games just as well if not better. I've seen about 4 other setups with 512 ram, and they also run the BFs just fine.

this sounds like a problem with your computer. They come pre-installed with alot of drivers and crap that you don't need, and probably one of them is interfering. you should reformat and only install what you want. Also don't get hotfixes unless you have a problem and need them.

Back