[Baseball Red Sox] Thanks Schilling!

juicyfrys

Veteran X
Boston Red Sox - Schilling sidelined with more shoulder issues - The Boston Globe

The Globe's Nick Cafardo and Gordon Edes are reporting that Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling will not be ready for the start of spring training because of shoulder issues, and is engaged in a dispute with the club over whether he needs surgery, according to sources with direct knowledge of the matter. Furthermore, the sources said the Red Sox attempted to void his $8 million contract for 2008.

These are rumors but I heard he may be gone the entire season. And of course the Red Sox are trying to void his contract.

Fuck you Schilling.

We should have ascertained his health before signing him. I figured he'd be injured at some point, I just didn't think it'd be for the whole year.

Anyways, looks like Lester and Buchholz will get plenty of innings.

remember guys, cheating is bad, but lying to your employer to get them to pay you $8,000,000 for a recovery year is A-OK

Can't expect Lester and Buchholz to throw 200 innings. They will either have to use Tavarez again or get a remaining FA pitcher.

I personally wanted Buchholz to start in AAA to manage his innings.

Schilling believes he needs surgery (after meeting with Dr. Morgan) and Red Sox "don't want to go down that route."

I hate the red sox and their fans.

AND ESPECIALLY KURT FUCKING SCHILLING

The ultimate douchebag in sports. It's only fitting he would go to the red sox.

This is great news.

i think you've got it backwards, schilling isn't likely to want surgery, that would probably lead to his contract being voidable. He probably wants to pitch through it and the red sox are thinking that they really don't want to go through that.

i think you've got it backwards, schilling isn't likely to want surgery, that would probably lead to his contract being voidable. He probably wants to pitch through it and the red sox are thinking that they really don't want to go through that.

But it is believed Morgan is recommending Schilling have surgery, while the club is recommending another course.

And the other quote I had was from Edes on XM. But who knows the story is just breaking.

We should have ascertained his health before signing him. I figured he'd be injured at some point, I just didn't think it'd be for the whole year.

Anyways, looks like Lester and Buchholz will get plenty of innings.

Are you a retard? Oh, you're a sox fan. Sorry for the rhetorical question.

You got what, like three years out of him? This is only his second time with a major injury. It's not like you signed him this offseason and this happened. Idiot.

Funny how fast sox fans forget that he was the savior back in 04. Now he's out for a year and you want to run him out of town.

Yeah, I know he totally held a gun to their head to force them to offer him 8 million while tricking theo into thinking schilling was only 28

When reached via e-mail by the Globe's Amalie Benjamin today, Schilling declined to comment on this story about his ailing shoulder, writing "I cannot comment right now on any of this, sorry!"

Sure, he was great in 04, but that doesn't excuse him for basically defrauding the Sox for 8 million.

The idiocy in this thread is amazing ....

Athletes get injured, it happens - Schilling is old and a tad worn out. And until baseball contracts are made up like football ones with certain guaranteed money/bonuses etc. to protect the teams financially if the player gets injured, then things like this will always happen.

Also how soon we forget; Schilling almost threw a no hitter last year and had an overall great season despite health issues.

Its bullshit to say that a player is 'stealing' or 'defrauding' his team when he gets injured and misses time.

He didn't suddenly get injured over the off-season is my understanding of it. If he was unfit to pitch in 2008, and knowing that still signed a contract for $8 million (the Sox assuming he'd be able to, y'know, pitch), then he defrauded the Sox.

Of course the Sox should have checked on his fitness to pitch before signing him.

If this injury just suddenly happened, it's a different story obviously, but that's not what it sounds like to me.

He didn't suddenly get injured over the off-season is my understanding of it. If he was unfit to pitch in 2008, and knowing that still signed a contract for $8 million (the Sox assuming he'd be able to, y'know, pitch), then he defrauded the Sox.

Of course the Sox should have checked on his fitness to pitch before signing him.

and you think they didnt?! Teams make players pass physicals before contracts/trades etc. Ofcourse the Sox checked him out before throwing $8 mill at him, they aren't idiots.

jeez go find a thread to post in where you might have some knowledge on the subject ...

Back