Veteran XX
System Specs
Motherboard - Abit AA8-DuraMax w/Newest Bios
CPU - Pentium 4 Prescott LGA775 3.4ghz
Memory - Corsair 2x512 Dual Channel 4x4x4x12 also OCZ 2x51 4x4x4x8
PSU - Antec 550w Truepower
Video - Geforce 6800 PCIExpress
OS- XP Pro SP2 Full Updates

Didn't seem to have any problems when I built it but it errors out in games. Memory can not be read and sometimes can not be written to. So of course I replaced the memory with the ocz and still having the same problems. I did memtest and with 2 sticks I get errors but with 1 it runs fine with no errors. With 1 stick games still crash. Also the computer restarts while using programs such as itunes. I replaced the vid card/power supply/ram/reformatted/ect with no luck. When it restarts or gives errors is random but always happens eventually.

Pretty much I am not sure if it is a bad cpu or bad board. The cpu was bought used and the board is new. From what I have read this seems to be a faulty cpu but I would like your opinions before I sell the good part and trash the bad.

drake said:
you said you own a computer repair business in the other thread lol

Yea I do, but I don't have any spare p4 parts and asking always helps in case I overlooked something or have yet to try. I am 99% sure its the proc but wanted others opinions.

The temps are also fine.

if the CPU was bought used I would lean towards it being a bad CPU.

also, did you make sure the contacts on the bottom of the CPU were clean and free of finger prints before installing it?

liggyman said:
if the CPU was bought used I would lean towards it being a bad CPU.

also, did you make sure the contacts on the bottom of the CPU were clean and free of finger prints before installing it?

I double checked that as well.

Back