[Attention] SA Time Warner Cable Customers

DarkJedi

Veteran XV
So as far as I can tell those of us with Time Warner Cable in San Antonio are still going to lose our ABC signal this coming Wednesday. Has anybody spoken with Time Warner about this or looked into alternatives?

I signed up for a 2-year contract with them about 3 months ago, but I think this would qualify as a change in the terms of service. I haven't looked into the actual wording on the contract yet, but I'm pretty sure it should be possible to get out of it now that they're dropping channels.

I've looked at AT&T, DirecTV, and Dish Network and they all seem to be more expensive for a comparable package. I really don't want to lose ABC though, since that tends to be where most of the big college football games end up. What say you, fellow San Antonians?

Here in Ohio time warner doesn't carry Fox anymore because they refused to pay fox for the rights to carry the channel.... annoying as fuck :(

ABC or NBC?

We are going to lose KSAT, which is the SA ABC affiliate. Austin lost KXAN, their NBC affiliate, on the 2nd for the exact same reason (same parent company of the local stations). And apparently as omarjaret has mentioned, this is happening elsewhere in the country as well.

Here in Ohio time warner doesn't carry Fox anymore because they refused to pay fox for the rights to carry the channel.... annoying as fuck :(

Where are you in Ohio because I have all the Fox Channels (Not that I would miss them if I didn't)

Just go to a bar to watch the college games. That's what I'm going to do. Is there really anything else worth watching on that channel anyways?

Time Warner can suck a dick as far as I am concerned. They are holding HBO on demand from DirectV. Directv will eventually win the court decision and get it but until then they are just being dicks and holding it hostage.

TWC lost our Fox for over a year, although I feel they were in the right over the issue it was still annoying. WA btw.

Wisconsin lost Fox on October 2nd. I think TWC is actually in the right in this dispute ... as much as that pains me to type.

what does it matter. You can pick up the dropped channels over the air. get your free digital tuner from the govt and you are set.

Back