ATI TV Wonder Pro

Sanchez

Veteran X
I just picked one of these up. fairly cool. Few things i dont like is that i dont get all the features unless i get a radeon card (i have a GF3, time 2 upgrade) and if i hook up my xbox i get some serious lag between the xbox and whats happening on screen. Has anyone else tried one of these? Other brands perhaps?

What can't you do without a radeon? I have the TV Wonder VE and from what I've read the only difference between that and the pro is the stereo and svideo outs.

I love my tuner card. It's so nice to be able to record shows in mpeg and wmv format, and I love having my tv in a window while i'm browsing. I ditched my tv after I got the tuner card.

i cant
-fullscreen tv
-desktop tv
-video capture (it does but it all fucked up)

it says i need vid capture drivers from the site, the site says everything is on the CD, which i installed.

I havent tried tv yet, just testing it out with my xbox.
it also says i need DX 8.1 or higher, but im running 9.0b

wasabi said:
what if you have direct tv? can you still use a tuner card?

you'll still have to put it through your receiver and change channels on the receiver, but yes, you can capture dtv.

Sanchez said:
i cant
-fullscreen tv
-desktop tv
-video capture (it does but it all fucked up)

it says i need vid capture drivers from the site, the site says everything is on the CD, which i installed.

I havent tried tv yet, just testing it out with my xbox.
it also says i need DX 8.1 or higher, but im running 9.0b

You have to have something wrong. I have the VE and I can do all of those things. Install the new codec, drivers, etc from ati's website.

mmc-7-9
mmc-7-9-dao-mdac
and the driver for the pro

all it tells me when i go to get drivers/software for my card at ati.com is that everything is on the CD
im running multimedia center 8.1

Pagy said:
ya it's not like they make the best cards these days
I have the tv wonder pro (got it a few years ago for a year in the dorms) and the quality on it was terrible.

Back