At what point do we create laws for the media?

Chia_Pet

Veteran X
Laws that stop them from reporting misinformation about trials and cases of the law?

Anything more than " today a man shot and killed a 17 yr old" should be up for review by the government LOL.

Seriously though, why are news organizations allowed to continuously spread lies and false information with no consequences?

It's all fucked because they want ratings or views or hits and they sensationalize whatever they can to get the most advertising money. Enjoy more Nancy Grace.

well the CBC is complete and utter garbage, Harper axed their funding to teach them a lesson about not being conservative

lesson learned, now lets fire them all

In Canada you can't broadcast "false or misleading" news.

Someone (most say our current prime minister) tried changing that broadcasting law, supposedly to pave the way for a Canadian Fox News, but there was a huge uproar and the idea died pretty quickly: CRTC plan to lift ban on false news prompts political investigation - The Globe and Mail

I have no idea why the US doesn't have similar broadcasting restrictions.

does that mean the Daily Show and the Onion are banned since they are fake news? Too many things can go wrong when the government gets to control who is allowed to say what.

I don't like the idea of limiting broadcasts in a criminal manner but I would have no problem making it easier for companies to get sued in civil court if what they are reporting turns out to be false.

im prty sure slander and libel r both illegal even if ur media? idk

no1 cares, average white america is almost as dumb as average nigger america

does that mean the Daily Show and the Onion are banned since they are fake news? Too many things can go wrong when the government gets to control who is allowed to say what.

I don't like the idea of limiting broadcasts in a criminal manner but I would have no problem making it easier for companies to get sued in civil court if what they are reporting turns out to be false.

Satire != News.

thing that bugs me isn't that Americans have lost their rights, but that the world is going to lose the ability to fight tyranny as a product of this.

In Canada you can't broadcast "false or misleading" news.

Someone (most say our current prime minister) tried changing that broadcasting law, supposedly to pave the way for a Canadian Fox News, but there was a huge uproar and the idea died pretty quickly: CRTC plan to lift ban on false news prompts political investigation - The Globe and Mail

I have no idea why the US doesn't have similar broadcasting restrictions.

because the white house wont have msnbc as a propaganda mouthpiece anymore

the whole thing is a deflection system, Fox included, when once device has reached saturation people move to the next one, they were smart enough that Obamas biggest flubbers didn't occur anywhere near an electoral point.

Back