Asus transformer?

Rulide

Veteran XX
Anyone got one of these? I want to grab a tablet so i can back up photos, do my emails and all that sort of crap while im traveling. Don't want something crap like an Ipad, USB slots are a must have so this thing seems like the best option. Plus you can slam a SD card in it which is awesome.

i bought one a few weeks ago with the keyboard attachment as I wanted a tablet/netbook.

pros: great battery life, fast, w/ keyboard basically becomes a netbook, timely updates from asus, flash support

cons: app support for android tablets still kinda sucks, can only get usb support w/ keyboard addon, android tablet OS not quite as nice as ipad OS IMO, my version of the transformer doesnt appear to be rootable at the moment (B7 S/N), stupid proprietary 40pin charger & stock cord provided is like 2ft long

i didnt do a lot of research before i bought mine, but i'd go ahead and compare it to the other offerings out there (samsung tablets, ipad, for instance) or tablets in development before purchasing. I'm happy with it, regardless.

Last edited:
Rumor is that the Transformer 2 will be out in October. Going to be the first device to rock the new quad core Tegra chip. It's supposedly 5 times faster than the one inside the first Transformer.

Back