*Astronomy*

sarro

Veteran XV
Anyone knowledgeable about astronomy here?

I'm looking for some interesting information or reads on it
(so I can impress some local strippers)

Seriously? Wikipedia Astronomy. Follow random links.

Or go grab one of the dozen or so Astronomy magazines you'll find on any magazine rack.

i took a 200-level astronomy course as an elective once

i was supposed to track some shit in the sky for a month-long project but i just pulled the data from a USAF database

i hope this helps

I took it in college, but it was just an easy way to fill the science requirement.

We had to id the big dipper on the final exam (I'm dead serious) :)

It was interesting actually, too bad I forgot most of it.

BTW, do you want astrology or astronomy? I'll take a wild guess and say you can make up anything on astronomy and the strippers aren't going to know any better.

I can tell you about the formation and death of stars and a bunch of other mildly cool shit, but can't do much in terms of pointing out where shit is

i took a 200-level astronomy course as an elective once

i was supposed to track some shit in the sky for a month-long project but i just pulled the data from a USAF database

i hope this helps
I took a 200-level astronomy course as well.

We didn't have to track anything in the sky because they had a webcam that took pictures of the sky every night until it broke. We just had to go through dozens of pictures and estimate how bright we thought a star was. That was pretty boring.

I think astronomers must have the most boring jobs. They look through a shitload of data that's all basically the same, then they do some handwaving calculations and say "welp, we're within a factor of 100 of what we expected so these are some promising results"

I feel bad for the grad students. I bet a cloudy week could postpone their thesis a year.

Last edited:
But I'm guessing that's going well beyond what you want.. what exactly is it you want?

:edit: Also a good book and maybe more along the lines of what you want?

Yeah, that second book is more along the lines of what I was looking for.

I did mean "astronomy" but anyone with knowledge (or links) of astrology tied into the stars & such (or just interesting info in general) would be appreciated.

Why Einstein was wrong about relativity.
Spoiler

Strange Portal Connects Earth to Sun
Spoiler

Back