Ashen Band of Endless Destruction - Frostforge Sage proc

Mael

Contributor
Veteran XV
So wowhead says this proc has a 1 min ICD.

Looking at my logs from ICC last night it looks more like a 2 min ICD. Although the time could be effected by the fact that wowhead also says it's a 10% chance to proc, and god knows how someone came up with that number, but looking at the buffs cast by me on WOL shows it's pretty consistant at 2 min and some change.

Any one else look into this or have any thoughts?

Item - Icecrown Reputation Ring Caster Trigger - Spell - World of Warcraft

Proc rate is 10%. That's datamined and I have no doubt it's correct.

Someone in the comments says the ICD is 1 minute.The Wowhead comment person probably tested it and saw it go off about once every 60s so assumed that was the ICD (which is not necessarily the case).

As far as I know every item with an ICD this expansion has been a 45s ICD. With a 10% proc rate and constant casting it should go off about once a minute. Obviously if you're moving a lot (as you a lot of ICC fights require you to) then the proc rate will be lower.

Typically ring procs have a bit longer ICD than trinkets (e.g. Hyjal ring), so 60 seconds is probably more likely than 45, but I've never looked/tested/cared.

Well the way I'm seeing it is Blackmagic and the proc from Abysal rune go off within 10 seconds of each other, and it seems I get a proc from the ring every other time these go off.

I guess it is what it is. Just seems strange.

Back