Arrrrg, stuck

PoP

Veteran X
Google fails me at the moment. I have a wireless printer. I am trying to share the printer between a Win 7 pc and Win xp Laptop. I am on the laptop and see the printer in the add printer wizard. When i select the printer it's telling me the server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed.

So how do I find this driver on the home computer? Or do I need to search for the driver on the laptop that I'm trying to add the printer on wirelessly.

Laptop is connected wirelessly on the network btw.

Ok thats what I thought. It's one of those mini laptops without a drive to insert a disk into. So I suppose look under the hp website and find the driver associated with the HP printer that I have?

yes

some of the installation programs even have an install wizard that sets up the network printer as you are installing the driver

hmmm HP Officejet Basic Print and Scan Driver or Hp Officejet Full Feature Software and driver.. I'm thinking the first one.

Confucius says:

sometimes

it's better to just try it and see what happens

than ask 50 questions

Yea I'm just gonna try what I'm gonna try and see what happens. If i can't get it. Just gonna have to print from the computer where I definitley know I can. No Biggie. Was just wondering if anyone else had to do this and what they did.

Thanks for input

And fuck you too Sir of Masturbation.

look closely at the name of the printer in the win7 comp. download the xp drivers on the xp machine and look in the folder...there should be an ini file with the details for the drivers. open the ini file and change the name of the printer to match the name win 7 gives it.

Yea I'm just gonna try what I'm gonna try and see what happens. If i can't get it. Just gonna have to print from the computer where I definitley know I can. No Biggie. Was just wondering if anyone else had to do this and what they did.

Thanks for input

And fuck you too Sir of Masturbation.

I was going to say something but realized I was wrong so I edited it to "fuck you"

Since your printer is wireless, connect the xp laptop to it directly. I think whist you're seeing in the add printer wizard is the windows 7 share. You can connect to it, but it will require you to add the xp drivers to your windows 7 pc so that it can printserv for xp clients.

Back