Anyone shoot competitively? IDPA IPSC etc

You should look into "The Quigley" shooting competitions.

I'm not familiar with that rifle they talk about, but apparently there are a few good gun manufacturers who make working replicas, most of which seem to be purchased for competitive shooting.

Ruger makes these pistols that automatically pass SASS requirements(Single action shooting society).

I have not been around cowboy shooters yet, but the community seems to skew older, more relaxed, more social. Seems like everyone brings the wife and kids. The main drawback is that it's expensive to start. I think you need two pistols, a rifle, and shotgun. All single action. It's also anonymous. People will only ever know you by your "cowboy name." All the guns you can buy for this look gorgeous. Even if you get plane guns, older guns give you a lot of freedom with engraving, custom grips ect. Modern guns are mass manufactured appliances.

Typical kit to get started:

TH_NWGXXHxEV5yWb9oUvOhNqlYA7lS9Go1dTiOafukw.jpg

There is also a similar competition, Wild Bunch, based on the movie. Allows guns made up until I think 1918. Basically a bunch of old men in Cowboy Action Shooting kept whining that they wanted to use 1911s so they created a whole new game.

wildbunchshooting2.jpg

Cowboy shit is cool. I had an Italian SAA replica it was really nice. Fun to shoot.

Reggs - you should start going to cowboy shooting events with German weapons. Start a thing ;)
Cowboy name "Das Kommissar"

Reggs detailing his experience at a cowboy shooting event would be solid TW Content

Back