anyone have the original for this sky

hyung

Veteran XX
24mhpxv.png

this is my favorite sky i have been using it 4 a long time

i figured out how to make it not look super distorted in tribes 1.40 but it is too small (width and height) so the sky doesnt take up most of the space

the best i could do was alter the .mis file so thtt the height the map tries to stretch the sky si smaller, then take the files and concatenate them together so they aren't stretched width wise as much either

i end up with 4 of the sky going around

post ur favorite skies

Last edited:
i used 2 know of a site that had all of the skies billy used to make his

you could download a few for free under a trial account

but..i don't think billy made that first sky

i believe that sky is the 1 andrew included with hudbot

sry :\

i changed them client side then realized that its server side that determines the size of the sky stretched so

i think the default for most maps in 1.40 is the sky is stretched ot be 600 height but idk if the servers have it set up differently. also noticed that with 1.40 the width can be packed in or stretched and it seems like the total width around is 4096. if your sky is wider it'll be packed in if its smaller it'll be stretched

i could be wrong so pls correct me if ppl know

anyway if u play with the .mis file (or 1 of em) u can mess with the height and you'll see how it resizes it

statr concatenating files together width wise and u start to see how it draws them horizontally

i changed them client side then realized that its server side that determines the size of the sky stretched so

i think the default for most maps in 1.40 is the sky is stretched ot be 600 height but idk if the servers have it set up differently. also noticed that with 1.40 the width can be packed in or stretched and it seems like the total width around is 4096. if your sky is wider it'll be packed in if its smaller it'll be stretched

i could be wrong so pls correct me if ppl know

When I go to make a new sky, I create an image size of 2048x1024

On maps with skies that use 16 textures instead of 8, an image size of 2048x1024 thats been cut into 16 textures, will stretch all the way around and not a single sky texture will be repeated

On maps with skies that use 8 textures, you will see 2 of every sky texture(like dx)

There is no way of getting around this unless we were to change the serverside maps to use sky vol's that use 16 textures(like emerald valley) and then rename ur sky textures to the appropriate name

Back