anyone have advice on jury duty?

Nefarious22

Veteran XX
cause im fucked right now...just found out i have to show up possibly during my finals (in college)...apparently i can get out of it if im full time, unfortunately i dropped a class and was only taking 12 hours to begin with (now at 9 hours)...anyone ever been able to get out of it?

Its pretty easy to get out of. Just let them know you have finals and you will probably be dismissed.

Nefarious22 said:
cause im fucked right now...just found out i have to show up possibly during my finals (in college)...apparently i can get out of it if im full time, unfortunately i dropped a class and was only taking 12 hours to begin with (now at 9 hours)...anyone ever been able to get out of it?
If you are very opinionated in the jury selection the lawyers will ask you to leave.

hmmmm might try the rescheduled thing then....prolly end up being next semesters finals....

thanks for help btw.

Last edited:
Show up, expalin your circumstances and ask to be excused....

Or make arrangements with your professors and enjoy fulfilling your civic duty

in jersey you need to send them a hand written letter explaining why you can't make it. i've done it twice so far and had no problem.

Maybe I'm just ignorant of the whole jury duty process, but if you just start rambling about how the defendant is guilty right away shouldn't they dismiss you in 2 seconds?

Back