Anyone have a Tivo?

Midnj

Veteran XX
If i trade in my shitty optonline dvr and switch to a Tivo it would cost about $5/month more than my current setup... I've never used a tivo but it is the original dvr and I know people that swear by it.

What say you tivo owners?

Edit: Of course this is mostly for the wife as I don't watch TV all that much but in the time I do, I can see how shitty cablevision's menus/service is.

You also have to buy the Tivo DVR.

My wife was a big time Tivo user. When we needed to upgrade to HD we decided instead of buying a new $250+ tivo we tried the Fios DVR and haven't looked back since.

PS Hi Middy :wave:

EDIT: oh and my inlaws had to buy some extra card w/ an additional monthly charge to watch one channel and record another channel at the same time with TiVo

Last edited:
I have an original TiVo with a lifetime subscription sitting in a closet somewhere. It doesn't record HD stations :(

what up bridude - you playin T:A? Add me (Midnj). I pretty much only play arena... hoping they add a winner stays on duel mode, the weapons in T:A make 2 or 3v1 pretty difficult.

We'll see how it compares to opti - we had fios and the dvr was pretty slick once they updated it about a year ago.

I switch back and forth between fios and optimum - free ipod, free $250 visa gift card.. back and forth lol.

If it's not comparable to the fios one, I'll probably return it.

I have a tivo premiere. I like many things about it, but the biggest thing that pisses me off is that it's menu system is pretty slow. Also, it's taken them over 2 years to switch the menus to HD and even now, some of them are still SD instead of HD.

that being said, the season pass manager, plus tivo suggestions (it will fill up your DVR with stuff it thinks you might like to watch based on your recording habbits....but this stuff gets deleted first too once your tivo is full) is way better than comcraps DVR. The search and wishlist feature is also nice.

but i still can't get over how slow it is.

I have a tivo premiere. I like many things about it, but the biggest thing that pisses me off is that it's menu system is pretty slow. Also, it's taken them over 2 years to switch the menus to HD and even now, some of them are still SD instead of HD.

that being said, the season pass manager, plus tivo suggestions (it will fill up your DVR with stuff it thinks you might like to watch based on your recording habbits....but this stuff gets deleted first too once your tivo is full) is way better than comcraps DVR. The search and wishlist feature is also nice.

but i still can't get over how slow it is.

great - the optimum one is slow which is why I'm looking at tivo... oh well, here hoping to you have slow internet ;o

Back