Anyone familar with Python Programming?

Currently taking a coding class, just recently went back to college and switched my major to CS. Kind of stuck on a problem and was wondering if anyone has some exp. with the program that could help me out.

Thanks

eh, python pretty good for scripting sys admin stuff

java just bad all around

you can say that about a lot of scripting languages. but their popularity is relative to their application. python is currently overused beyond its intended application.

you can say that about a lot of scripting languages. but their popularity is relative to their application. python is currently overused beyond its intended application.

Who cares about its intended application? If it works it works. Why does it matter if GVR foresaw the use case?

Certainly there are times when Python is used inappropriately, but sometimes you have to work with what you know (explaining some cases) and sometimes you have to deliver quickly (explaining many other cases). With the analysis that I do, I practically never run into issues where Python isn't fine. :shrug:

python is my favorite language, by far

as a security researcher, ctypes makes python a practical replacement for C, but without losing any low level control

django has become my web framework of choice as well

I only ever build tools, personally, but I manage security for both django and rails apps in a massive saas infrastructure, and would choose django any day of the week.

rails can suck a dick

learn python and learn it well

Not for the OP, but for others who are already experienced with python, read Greyhat Python for a good primer on ctypes.

also OP, if you actually post your homework assignment here, maybe we can actually make a recommendation without flat out writing the code for you

Who cares about its intended application? If it works it works. Why does it matter if GVR foresaw the use case?

Certainly there are times when Python is used inappropriately, but sometimes you have to work with what you know (explaining some cases) and sometimes you have to deliver quickly (explaining many other cases). With the analysis that I do, I practically never run into issues where Python isn't fine. :shrug:

ok then what is so special about python that cant be done with any other language

answer: nothing
therefore: fad

and good luck with the "if it works it works" philosophy. go ahead and write a bitcoin miner in python and see if anyone doesnt laugh.

im not saying python is bad at all. im just saying people get a bit religious about it... just as they did with java.

Last edited:
ok then what is so special about python that cant be done with any other language

answer: nothing
therefore: fad
What language does this statement not apply to? Should we have ceased language development when we got the first one to be Turing complete?

and good luck with the "if it works it works" philosophy. go ahead and write a bitcoin miner in python and see if anyone doesnt laugh.
What's your point? That Python shouldn't be used in cases where it doesn't make sense? Congrats on discovering the obvious? If a requirement for something to "work" is that it is highly efficient at using CPU cycles, then Python probably isn't your best bet. Although even in those cases Python often makes a nice wrapper around fast compiled code.

im not saying python is bad at all. im just saying people get a bit religious about it... just as they did with java.
Yeah people can often get emotional about the languages they use. Personally I find Java fucking ridiculous and I find its highly class-oriented design very irritating. At least the Python people are religious about readibility of code. But really to each there own. We're not exactly low on the number of languages for people to choose from at the moment.

god damn how pathetic is happy

cant stand physical sports

can only get passionate about coding and league of legends

lmao

Back