Anyone else stuck in DIA tonight?

Mjolnir

Veteran XV
This is awesome, welcome to Denver.

Our plane couldn't get to the terminal for over two hours because some jackass plowing snow formed a berm in front of our plane (and other assorted fuckups).

oh my god

oh my god

and im fucking stuck or something I can't get off this hill

pull back, pull back, run I guess

Fucking damnit! It won't let me get off this fucking hill!

SON OF A BITCH

this might make you feel better

A similar rather shocking finding was reported by Haines, at the NASA Ames Research Center in California. He had commercial airline pilots land a 727 in a flight simulator, using a heads-up display of certain instruments on the windscreen. On certain landing approaches, Haines suddenly superimposed a stationary small aircraft right in the middle of the runway. He expected pilots to immediately abort their landing approach. However 2 out of 8 pilots simply blithely landed through the obstructing airplane. When shown a video of what they had done, the pilots were shocked and incredulous and noted that they should perhaps resign from commercial flying.

I don't know if it makes me feel better, but I'm glad I'm not a small-plane pilot.

Here at the airport they handed out blankets etc, but they did it at the baggage claim...

which is beyond the security checkpoint.

So at 2AM, there were crowds of (slightly stupid) people who found themselves unable to re-enter the terminal. For the really oblivious ones, this happened after they waited an hour in line to get the blankets, and after another hour to reach the front of the security checkpoint lines.

Back