Anyone else have the problem of their feet smelling like...

EPIK

Veteran XX
buttered popcorn?

My feet sweat quite a bit after a long day. No, I'm not fat. No, I don't eat a lot of buttered popcorn. But holy shit, my feet smell like fucking buttered popcorn.

My shoes smell bad because I'm a very physically active person and baking soda doesn't do much. I just have to get new shoes.

The smell is diacetyl. You might know it from wine or beer that wasn’t made with love.
As an escapee from valine synthesis, it is a common byproduct of vigorous fermentation.

The smell is diacetyl. You might know it from wine or beer that wasn’t made with love.
As an escapee from valine synthesis, it is a common byproduct of vigorous fermentation.

Now THAT'S a line to impress the ladies.

i worked at a flavor company for a while and we used to sell huge 100kg barrels of diacetyl to popcorn manufacturers. molecule smells amazing

no but sometimes my piss smells exactly like

Spoiler

buttered popcorn?

My feet sweat quite a bit after a long day. No, I'm not fat. No, I don't eat a lot of buttered popcorn. But holy shit, my feet smell like fucking buttered popcorn.

old shoes?
use goldbond medicated powder in that shit (my yard shoes [really old tennis shoes] smell like buttered popcorn for the same reason -- hours and hours of foot sweat)

Back