Anyone Else Being Gas Price Gouged?

hardluck

Veteran X
All the gas stations within 10 miles of me have raised their gas prices 75cents - 1.00 Overnight.

3.49- 4.50

Wtf?

This is at VaTech

20% of our domestic oil comes from Alaska.

The Alaskan government has raped $10 billion in windfall taxes over the last 1.5 years from the oil coming out of Alaska. They actually had a $4 billion budget surplus this year. Gee, i wonder if that impacts prices?

Every Alaskan is getting a check for $3100 this month from the state of Alaska.

You're paying for it...

(they were greedy and also took in $730 million in federal pork over the same 1.5 years)

Last edited:
Good thing I can bike just about anywhere I need to in this town, but wtf. I thought this shit was illegal. There is no f'ing shortage just because of the hurricane.

20% of our domestic oil comes from Alaska.

The Alaskan government has raped $10 billion in windfall taxes over the last 1.5 years from the oil coming out of Alaska. They actually had a $4 billion budget surplus this year. Gee, i wonder if that impacts prices?

Every Alaskan is getting a check for $3100 this month from the state of Alaska.

You're paying for it...

(they were greedy and also took in $730 million in federal pork over the same 1.5 years)

Quoted for later use when you talk about how Alaskan drilling/oil means nothing to the price of gas in America.

yeah i saw 3.55 on like tuesday

drove by chevron last night...4.59 but then again they are a shit company after a buck and i do not buy gas from them. I only buy gas from quik trip

yo link ga techs playing v tech today get prepared to get your shit ran all over by nesbit and dwyer

I have a feeling your DB's will be doing more scoring than your offense. As long as Glennon gets snaps, your team will get picks---probably for TD's.

Refineries are down and will be down for some time most likely in Texas. Sucks but it's not unreasonable at this time.

Edit: The area hit has 30% of the US refining capacity.

Last edited:
Ha, our gas prices in Texas are still low even if I'm 2 hours from galveston. I went to fill up this morning and paid 3.70 for mid grade.

Back