Anyone do rental properties?

Check the landlord and tenant act in the area. I rent out two properties for my grandparents (since they cant anymore). Basically for me I try to keep them in top order. As long as its clean, the house is in good order all utility cables are running through the walls and the furnace is working there is no problems.

Also see what the laws are in your area specially with renting out rooms because in Ontario, if the landlord (or relative) lives in the house you can basically do anything you want without them complaining (the Landlord and Tenant act wont apply)

edit: Ah fuck highlight the dont.

a decent price and your set then. check out listings in the area and find exactly what its worth (visit other rental properties on the market)

yeah, there are properties in ohio that are under 10k, granted they have bars on the windows and you'll need kevlar to collect the rent...but its a rental property.

yeah, there are properties in ohio that are under 10k, granted they have bars on the windows and you'll need kevlar to collect the rent...but its a rental property.

this is a bad idea

you will not profit on going low ball

you need to acquire good middleclass property, you can't get bees with shit, you need honey

this is a bad idea

you will not profit on going low ball

you need to acquire good middleclass property, you can't get bees with shit, you need honey

Oh i'm not trying to get one of the ghetto fabulous properties. If i wouldnt live there myself, I wont buy it.

I love michigan. It's grrrreat! I buy another property in 2 weeks for 1300 bucks. I'll have pictures shortly. :)
ImageShack - Hosting :: 120scarollina002sz2.jpg
my.php

1300? Thats ridic...

Truthfully, do your research, find the next up and coming area. Focus on the yuppies and the bar scenes, you want classy/well off kids who are fresh out of college with a new job. Respectable kids that come from money and will probably make money. Kids fresh out of college will deal with lower end mid class housing.

Last edited:
buying for 50k and 30k

rofl

your tenants are going to be on welfare or poor mexicans with 10 in a room and no credit

Back