Anyone buy from Blue Nile before?

media_junkie

Veteran XV
If so did you have a good experience or was it a really really painful one?

I am looking for engagement rings and to be honest the jewelry stores in my area are asking alot more than I can get for a comparable ring off Bluenile.com.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any stories they would like to share about bluenile.

Good or bad.

this one time i was a cheap bastard and instead of going the extra mile and proving to myself that i loved my girlfriend by buying her a decent ring no matter the price, i bought it online with the help of random strangers on a video game forum.

Haven't done it myself, but one of my business professors (who teachers internet commerce, btw) tried it. He now uses BN as his main jeweler.

this one time i was a cheap bastard and instead of going the extra mile and proving to myself that i loved my girlfriend by buying her a decent ring no matter the price, i bought it online with the help of random strangers on a video game forum.

its not a cheap bastard that gets a BN ring. the diamonds are better quality than the majority that you'll get at Tiffanys or a Dept. Store if you check the actual specifications.

Don't be retarded and pay 2x+ more

Blue Nile is one of the best places to buy quality items but they aren't "cheap" by any means.

I literally just bought a ring from them yesterday :(

Blue Nile is one of the best places to buy quality items but they aren't "cheap" by any means.

I literally just bought a ring from them yesterday :(

QFT they actually send you two packages

The first package has a self-anal rape kit in it and a copy of your receipt.

a week letter you get the ring

top notch stuff though

I like it because you actually get a certification showing every aspect of the diamond including a map of the diamond identifying each specification and even tiny microscopic flaws

Heres one I bought recently for my collection
GIA15842199_zoom.jpeg

Last edited:
^^ :lol:

Here is the ring I bought
DM55400200_PR_75_zoom.jpg

The diamond itself is below (3200) with band and wedding band it came out to just over 5200. Total weight is 1.4 carat with the band/wedding band in the equation

Carat weight: 0.74
Cut: Very Good
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
Depth %: 67.4%
Table %: 69%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.19 x 5.16 x 3.48 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.01

Last edited:
I bought my wife's diamond from them and had it placed in a ring I got from a local jewelery chain store. The guy I worked with told me flat out they couldn't have given me that quality of stone at near that price. It arrived fast and was just like it was described on the site, so you can't ask for much more than that.

It has the same number or letters and shares one of the words with "West Nile." Is this the kind of message you want to be sending to your fiance?

Back