Anybody on here familiar with..

Gunsmithing. The process to become a gunsmith, reputable schools, things along those lines.
Not finding much about it online besides apprenticeships...

This being a forum consisting of 99% men, I'd hope somebody on here has some sort of substantial knowledge on the subject.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wouldn't an apprenticeship be a good place to start? I'd call up some folks and talk to them about it if I was that curious. Get a feel for the different places you talk to and choose one.

I'd rather go to school. Having a legit education, I'd assume, would look much better for a potential career.

I'd rather go to school. Having a legit education, I'd assume, would look much better for a potential career.

how would an apprenticeship look badly? you are getting educated directly from the source who is already doing the shit for a living. i imagine it's much like an internship.

how would an apprenticeship look badly? you are getting educated directly from the source who is already doing the shit for a living. i imagine it's much like an internship.

I never said it would look badly.
I suppose I'll call around and see what I can find out tomorrow.
I was just hoping there happened to be a gunsmith that lurks here and could point me in the right direction.

Learn stuff on my own is how I've done it, a half a year or more for something you can learn in a month that'll take you a long time to perfect anyways is kinda bleh.

Learn stuff on my own is how I've done it, a half a year or more for something you can learn in a month that'll take you a long time to perfect anyways is kinda bleh.

I know a decent amount about the disassembly, cleaning, assembly, etc of multiple firearms but that won't necessarily make the cut when looking for a good firearm related job

why the fuck do people put "..." in their titles instead of just asking the full question? Are you really that desperate for people to click your lame ass thread? this isn't some cliffhanger novel... if your thread merited it, people would click... come up with something better next time instead of baiting dumb assholes like me. :fu:

why the fuck do people put "..." in their titles instead of just asking the full question? Are you really that desperate for people to click your lame ass thread? this isn't some cliffhanger novel... if your thread merited it, people would click... come up with something better next time instead of baiting dumb assholes like me. :fu:

I tried to change it to "anybody here familiar with gunsmithing" right after I posted it then realized I couldn't edit it.

oh & :baby:

Anybody on here familiar with..
 Finishing your goddamned sentence in the fucking thread title instead of adding ellipses? If you actually put in a descriptive thread title you might actually get the one guy familiar with gunsmithing to read the thread 

Also, lolblackboxofconcrete

edit: posted this message and negged op before reading thread.

Back