Any Canon Rebel T2i users here?

I bought the T3i and I'm really glad I did. The swinging LCD on the back is entirely worth it. I bought a short tripod to toss in my bag, so if I actually wanted to set up a shot using it, I'd have to lay down. Also good for holding up over fences.

I had to buy it for a project I was doing, and didn't think I'd get much use out of it. It's waaaaay better than what I anticipated.

Edit: also, I understand that it has a better sensor for recording videos or something.

I have a t2i and love it. By no means an expert on it but I enjoy using it.

Its the same as the t3i except for the swivel lcd, which at the time wasnt worth the extra cost. I would go t2i or t3i solely based on whatever sale was better at that moment.

i have a t1i and its awesome

I also have the t1i. It fucking rocks and takes epic photos. I grabbed a 50 1.4 and the photos are great.

It's not me. It's the camera and lens.

Unless you really know what you are doing...get the t1i and grab a 300$ BETTER lens.

I also have the t1i. It fucking rocks and takes epic photos. I grabbed a 50 1.4 and the photos are great.

It's not me. It's the camera and lens.

Unless you really know what you are doing...get the t1i and grab a 300$ BETTER lens.

I had a T1i until it got stolen. :( Awesome camera, though. Totally agree with Sheeptaur on saving your money for a better lens. Also they're durable as hell. At one point while hiking on the Great Wall, my strap broke and the camera bounced down this 70-80 degree incline for about 50 ft until my buddy (thank God) caught it.

2eovgn4.jpg

Survived with only superficial scratches on the body. When I have the money I'm getting another.

gf just got a new T2i...I know fuck all about cameras but the thing is pretty sweet....she hung out at the park and took a bunch of pics of dogs and they all looked like they were from a pro

depth and colors really show you the different between a basic point and shoot and something with a good lense

i'm glad you made this thread. i'm going to costa rica next week and figured that was a good excuse to ugrade from my 5 year old point and shoot.

Never used one, but it looks all right. They're knocking almost 100 bucks off its sticker price, and even the cheapest non-stock option will kick the shit out of the lens it comes with (the 18-55). In either case, if you get into it, you're going to be fiending for a new lens within 6 months. I'd say if you've got the extra hundred to spare, do it and you can get something cool and non-telephoto later. If not, it'll be no big loss.

edit: for that new lens

honestly, rent for a telephoto. I rented a 300mm from rentglass and it was worth EVERY GODDAMN PENNY.

IT cost me like 75$ for 2 weeks. get a nice 50-70 for normal everyday weekend shooting.

i'm glad you made this thread. i'm going to costa rica next week and figured that was a good excuse to ugrade from my 5 year old point and shoot.

ohh where are you going?

edit: love it there, been 3 times. pacific twice and carib once. Fucking amazing every time.

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2200-1.jpg

Last edited:
^ taken with the t1i w/ 1.4 50mm. no post processing (again, I'm super shitty. but that shows the quality of the camera / lens combo)

Lots of Canon users in here. Glass is more important than the body, and can cost more too. Look up a 24-70mm "L" lens. You can start with the kit stuff and work your way up.

ohh where are you going?

edit: love it there, been 3 times. pacific twice and carib once. Fucking amazing every time.

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2200-1.jpg

looks awesome. this is my second time going. the first time i was around puntarenas for 2 weeks visiting a friend.

this time i am spending a few days around arenal volcano, then heading to tamarindo for a few days, then up to bahia culebra for 4 days

Back