[Anheuser Busch] No more free beer at parks =(

.dave.

Veteran X
No more free beer at Busch theme parks. Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer, will no longer offer free beer at its theme parks, which include Busch Gardens and SeaWorld, due to the "limited appeal" of free beer.

From the St. Louis Business-Journal:

"The hospitality centers had pretty limited appeal because it was for patrons who were of legal drinking age who wanted beer," he said. "We were looking for something that had a broader age appeal."

Park goers who are of legal drinking age will still be able to buy beer at the parks.

The AB InBev is expected to sell the theme parks in an attempt to pay off its debt from the $52 billion acquisition of Anheuser-Busch.

No more free beer at Busch theme parks - St. Louis Business Journal:

This one my favorite part of sea world, screw the animals, i bet they will see a huge drop in business.

aww fuck this what is next NO MORE FREE PAPER WITH MY CHICFILA BREAKFAST

WHERE WILL THE MADNESS STOP

ARE THEY GOING TO TAKE AWAY MY FREE BURRITO AFTER I BUY 9 BURRITOS

The hospitality houses were always packed with people looking for a beer sample. That excuse is just BS.

AB selling out to In-Bev just because of the share holders was the biggest mistake.

I don't care any more, they're going to sell the parks and the new company will run them like Six Flags (shit).

AB were the greatest parks, now it's over. That's why I'm more interested in ski trips.

If I had known free beer was involved I would have made a point to go to SeaWorld during my last CA adventure.

that's the only think keeping sea world alive lol
Well, they're going to have a new coaster later this year (Manta) so that will spike up attendance for now. The new coaster was planned before In-Bev took over.

But yeah, Orlando and the parks are sucking. This may have something to do with me being banned from Universal. Orlando is cracking down with their trespass warnings, so In-Bev may have said screw it, no more free beer at all the parks.

Or a bean counter at the top said, Gee, we can stop giving away our beer, and open restaurants in those places. Problem is, they'll have less people showing up who hang out. I used to visit many times just to get a buzz on and ride the coasters. I'd get the free beer samples, then BUY a few beers. Now that won't happen because I won't even show up.

Last edited:
The hospitality houses were always packed with people looking for a beer sample. That excuse is just BS.

AB selling out to In-Bev just because of the share holders was the biggest mistake.

I don't care any more, they're going to sell the parks and the new company will run them like Six Flags (shit).

AB were the greatest parks, now it's over. That's why I'm more interested in ski trips.

Or you're just still bitter about getting banned for life from a place for giving your underage daughter some booze.

what did you try to molest one of the costumed mascots or something?

You can read all about it here.
Trespass Warning Universal Orlando

Not bitter about it any more. More frustrated that AB sold out to In-Bev just because of shareholder pressure. Stupid move in the long run, foreign companies can't run American companies. Vivendi already tried it with Universal and they sucked. The next move is all the parks will be sold off to someone else, and they will never be run the way they are now. AB parks are very clean, the detail level is on par with Disney. Now they'll turn into parks like look like Six Flags.

I don't care any more. Roller coasters is a hobby you can't do full time, unless you run a message board and travel all over the world. That's because parks only put in a new ride every 4 years. So I'll move on to something else, right now it's skiing.

Last edited:
ngfm do you like skiing

or ski trips

like TW ski trips

like the unofficial camelback meet and greet NGFM ski trip?

I like something to look forward too while I'm in my cube for 8 hours each day. In the past it was roller coaster trips, now it's a ski trip and a visit to Vegas in the summer.

It is PACKED because it's fucking FLORIDA, and it's hotter then a motherfuck outside. (the hospitality houses are AC'd). Most of the time it's crowded with families and the beer lines (if you want to call them that) are nearly non-existant.

That really makes sense....
Hey, I know a place we can get free beer!
really?
yeah, it's $60 to get in.
...?

You can read all about it here.
Trespass Warning Universal Orlando

Not bitter about it any more. More frustrated that AB sold out to In-Bev just because of shareholder pressure. Stupid move in the long run, foreign companies can't run American companies. Vivendi already tried it with Universal and they sucked. The next move is all the parks will be sold off to someone else, and they will never be run the way they are now. AB parks are very clean, the detail level is on par with Disney. Now they'll turn into parks like look like Six Flags.

I don't care any more. Roller coasters is a hobby you can't do full time, unless you run a message board and travel all over the world. That's because parks only put in a new ride every 4 years. So I'll move on to something else, right now it's skiing.

"This proves that apologies don't mean anything in this world unless you're an athlete."

I found that bit rather enjoyable. It is pretty sad they sold out to a foreign company. What irritates me the most is the new commercials that they have out saying that they are still, "The great American lager." Pass for some Flying Dog, thx.

Back