Anatabloc - "Miracle" anti-inflammatory drug from the tobacco plant

rootb33r

Contributor
Veteran X
Background, as short as possible:
I'm 6'0 200 lbs and work out 4-5 times/week, played collegiate athletics, and am generally a healthy guy. I've been dealing with sacroiliitis (arthritis of the sacroiliac "joint") for about 4 years now.

I've tried physical therapy (3 different PT's); strengthening through heavy lifting; resting and not doing any heavy lifting for extended periods; cortisone injections (3 times) in both my lumbar and my SI joints; chiropractor (helps the most, I'd say); massage therapy; accupuncture; and probably more. I've taken ibuprofen, aleve, and I currently take Meloxicam occasionally when I am having a "bad day," usually when I go to class at night twice per week. Doesn't do much, but meh.

I am in constant pain throughout the day. I rotate standing/sitting/kneeling/whatever at work.

tl;dr I'm a healthy 26-year old guy, have arthritis, and have tried almost everything to ease pain.

I just heard about Anatabloc, and the reviews seem pretty solid. There's not a TON of medical information out yet, because it's relatively new. It originates in the tobacco plant, but is synthesized by some laboratory.

Anyone had any experience with this? I don't fall for gimmicky fixes real easily, but I've been reading about this for almost an hour now. Seems like it's worth $100 to try it. Downside: It's about $100/mo. For me, that's easily worth it, if it helps.

Site: Anatabloc
Reviews: Amazon.com: Anatabloc- 10 Pack Carton (20 Lozenges per Pack): Health & Personal Care

:birthday:

Tell me you're not going off the reviews on Amazon...

You're not an idiot... Amazon is only one site. There are many reviews out there on various forums like this one (only with reasonable human beings, not trolls).

OK, whew.

What are the side effects? If it won't kill you to try it, give it a whirl. Just try to be as scientific and objective as possible about it.

As others have said, this is an herbal supplement. It may help you, it may do nothing, or you might get the placebo effect. Just realize that you could be signing yourself up for a load of junk mail, spam, unsolicited phone calls, and a nearly impossible to cancel monthly "subscription".

Caveat emptor.

Oh, and... ask your damn doctor. :p:

Last edited:
OK, whew.

What are the side effects? If it won't kill you to try it, give it a whirl. Just try to be as scientific and objective as possible about it.

As others have said, this is an herbal supplement. It may help you, it may do nothing, or you might get the placebo effect. Just realize that you could be signing yourself up for a load of junk mail, spam, unsolicited phone calls, and a nearly impossible to cancel monthly "subscription".

Caveat emptor.

Oh, and... ask your damn doctor. :p:

others?? just me who said it, give credit where credit is due

Fuuuuuuuuuck...

DURAK SAID IT. ALL GLORY TO [strike]THE HYPNOTOAD[/strike]DURAK.

Better?

It's all relative. I have a few unhealthy joints, but the rest of me is in tip-top shape.

Also, this is not a "subscription." It is a supplement (sorry I used "drug"), but it's not like it's something sold on late-night TV by some "doctor."

It may be slightly more legit than ExtenZe or whatever, but I'm automatically suspicious of any supplement that isn't prescribed by a doctor. Too much fraud out there.

I'm sure this will seem like a stupid question, but... Have you been using Fish Oil to hydrate your joints?

Back