alternative to trillian

Well trillian is messing up on me, kicking me off aim about every couple hours, error code 10053. I dont know to fix it. Tried new aim.dll, reset netsh, still doing it. now im stuck with regular aim. if anyone has any ideas that would be great

GAIM fucking sucks, just lacks features that it really should have and have been asked for. The beta currently available is fucking horrible.

Miranda isn't bad, but it also missing some very important features. Trillian isn't bad but the interface contains things that are a complete waste of space and make in hard to use because of it.

Gobd said:
GAIM fucking sucks, just lacks features that it really should have and have been asked for. The beta currently available is fucking horrible.

Miranda isn't bad, but it also missing some very important features. Trillian isn't bad but the interface contains things that are a complete waste of space and make in hard to use because of it.

what do you use then?

Gobd said:
Trillian isn't bad but the interface contains things that are a complete waste of space and make in hard to use because of it.

grab a differnt skin and turn off elements you don't use?

Gaim is a pile of shit, every version crashes randomly and it doesn't have direct connect and many other required features. Trillian is a bloated piece of trash too. Use Regular AIM w/ DEAD AIM and or any of the other 1 million addon programs. You can get logging/Aliases/Add Removal/Transparencies/Away+Idol Control/ etc, but you can still have all the good features + direct connect.

Scourge said:
trillian with the minimal skin is pretty simple :shrug:
Whoa I never knew about this (more like I was too lazy to look into changing my skin). I'll have to try this out.

edit: Nevermind. I apparently already had it on minimal.

I refuse to support Trillian for reasons I don't care to disclose here. That and it's a piece of shit app.

I either use one app, or Gaim.

Back