almost done with marsDML

elFyourSeLf

Veteran X
started this a while ago. knocked out another dozen tiles recently.

sshot0011.jpg

good work i like that i tlooks like u didnt ruin the visibility like most ppl do

keep up the good work also ur weapon hud is strange

have u done other dml's or just mars?

looks good, but it bothers me that its not sand where its supposed to be sand

tribes is strange. in photoshop and windows, the "sand" looks right on, but in game, it gets way brighter. i ended up having to tone it down like 3 times in a row. i think it has something to do with the lighting engine. here is a better look @ old vs. new
4339a60e517a1b3c6554e764800bef377290931b51b04d9ae68bb402f982e1d45g.jpg

i'm also putting together a psd library of all the tiles that has all the outlines of the different dirt patterns so somebody can mess around with replacing the textures instead of just overlaying something over the whole tile . i would just need like a gig of hosting.

tribes is strange. in photoshop and windows, the "sand" looks right on, but in game, it gets way brighter. i ended up having to tone it down like 3 times in a row. i think it has something to do with the lighting engine. here is a better look @ old vs. new
4339a60e517a1b3c6554e764800bef377290931b51b04d9ae68bb402f982e1d45g.jpg

the bottom color of your sky texture can affect the color of your ground textures

the fog is what changes the lighting

sshot0025.jpg

not really sure how much it affects the textures @ close range tho

maybe not at all now that i look @ it

i'm also putting together a psd library of all the tiles that has all the outlines of the different dirt patterns so somebody can mess around with replacing the textures instead of just overlaying something over the whole tile . i would just need like a gig of hosting.

Check your PM's :cheers:

i have not done any direct modding, only two paintings from years ago

it is possible that I can make something

Starsiege_Tribes_by_Neolight.jpg

Broadside_by_Neolight.jpg

this next one is tribal wars but its close enough
I_have_the_Enemy_Flag_by_Neolight.jpg

TEXTURE_LISCIOUS_by_Neolight.jpg

Back