Age of Wushu

Heimdal

Veteran XX
I was surprised to see that no one has made a thread about this, or at least somewhat recently. It just went out of beta a couple days ago.

First off, I don't think it can be explained any better than this: Age of Wushu - Kung Fu Stories of Warriors, Scamdogs, and Hitler Apologists - The Something Awful Forums

If you read that, or even if you don't, know that this game is flawed, a bit clunky, hilariously badly translated at times, and incredibly Chinese. Oh, and Jet Li is in it. Yeah, that's right.

Despite all of that, the game can be fun. It can be a lot of fun. It is a PvP game, and you can do it pretty much anywhere you want. It even gives you a conformation box each time you log in about accepting the PvP challenge. You know, in case you get killed and want to complain or something silly like that. You can go to jail for killing too much, if you get caught. You'll have to bribe your way out with money, or just chill out in a jail for hours doing nothing. Fun stuff!

I play as a Beggar. They get drunk, throw up on people and get them drunk, trick people into buying bags of goods or trick bags with my feces in it (literally a bag of poop), and suplex the shit out of anyone that decides to leave the ground for any reason.

Just last night I wanted to try and make some money off of people, and decided to get the attention of a nice young Chinese man passing by. When you do this, you immobilize the player for 5 seconds. You can only do this once every 1-2 minutes or so to avoid too much griefing. Little did I know he was being chased by someone with the intent of murdering him. He declined my offer as fast as he could by backhanding me in the face, and turning to leave. It was too late though, he was murdered by a flamboyantly dressed man carrying a sack with him. What was in this sack? Oh nothing much, just a person. Did I mention you can kidnap people?

I'm sure most people won't be interested, or give this game the time needed to really get into it. The possibilities are pretty big with it though, and it's a paradise for being a huge asshole. Much more than any MMO lately.

My apologies for the lack of pictures. I like pictures just as much as the next guy, but the SA thread has a few. Better overall explanation of the game too, in case you want to read more.

Last edited:
It appears the last post in that thread was on the 4th of January. I did manage to say that this was made because of no recent threads. I suppose I could have revived a thread months old, but I guess I am an asshole like that.

It was fun for 8 hours, then I realize it wasn't.

They really do need to make a good fighting MMO but the way the skills were kinda sucked.

Back