[advice] Holy fuck Oblivion is complicated to mod

RoomOnFire

Veteran X
Tried following instructions found in an older mstrike thread, the one where you install these 4 really popular mods all together? Yeah, that shit is ridiculous.

Has anyone done this shit before? I really want the FCOM combo pack but it's so insane to set up I'm probably going to just do the OOO (oblivion overhaul or whatever)

I thought you were referring to actually writing a mod, but I see you lack the intelligence to even fucking instal a mod...

I thought you were referring to actually writing a mod, but I see you lack the intelligence to even fucking instal a mod...
TES is super easy to mod. I had a whole bunch of Morrowind mods in various stages of completion that I never finished due to time/engine constraints. Oblivion is basically the same.

A game that was "hard" to mod would be OFP. At the height of my involvement in modding that, I was managing a 53,000 line config, an array of about 200 scripts, and a thousand or so model and texture files and references.

Oh, and CfgTexturesToMaterial... That was another 4,000 lines or so.
Christ, I must have been approaching 70,000 lines with just config files. :lol:

In any case, TES is kids stuff to mod. It's fun and virtually no work. The CS makes it dead simple.

TES is super easy to mod. I had a whole bunch of Morrowind mods in various stages of completion that I never finished due to time/engine constraints. Oblivion is basically the same.

A game that was "hard" to mod would be OFP. At the height of my involvement in modding that, I was managing a 53,000 line config, an array of about 200 scripts, and a thousand or so model and texture files and references.

In any case, TES is kids stuff to mod. It's fun and virtually no work. The CS makes it dead simple.

i fell asleep during the part where you started talking about TES

This makes you seem quite nerdy.

hes not refering to oblivion mods in general, he's refering to a grouping of mods that is actually pretty complicated to install properly because they were made to work individually

I've done the FCOM thing a few months ago when I was bored and trying to put off work. Things actually went pretty smoothly as the new monsters and leveling work well together, but I havent had time to test it extensively as I barely had time to play before I had to get back to work.

i went in there to insult mount washington <3
I will do a climb of Washington with you in the dead of winter sometime.

Then you will understand the meaning of bad weather.

I sure as shit wish I had been up there this weekend, though.
While it hit 101 here, it was only mid 50s up there (plus a good stiff wind.)
I would have just sat in the remaining snow, I think.

hes not refering to oblivion mods in general, he's refering to a grouping of mods that is actually pretty complicated to install properly because they were made to work individually

I've done the FCOM thing a few months ago when I was bored and trying to put off work. Things actually went pretty smoothly as the new monsters and leveling work well together, but I havent had time to test it extensively as I barely had time to play before I had to get back to work.
I've never bothered much with Oblivion mods, but I would bet that the conflicts stem from separate leveled lists. I would also bet that there is a one click leveled list merger available.

Back